Col Bob Stewart DSO - MP ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Patchett44, Dec 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Had occasion to meet by chance Col Bob Stewart DSO (ret'd) again, at Portcullis House on Wednesday

Amongst several amusing anecdotes, he let slip that he was running for the (Safe Tory) seat of Kingston Upon Thames at the next election.

Another ex-military type to add to the list of shadow (soon to be elected to the House !) MPs ?

Thoroughly nice chap mind

2. Really? His ex missus might have a different view. What was it about Brit officers marrying their interpreters during this conflict??

3. Interesting choice and a Cheshire to boot (only joking!), shame he brings the Bonking Bob tag with him and I am sure the press will resurrect that, I am also sure we have enough ex officers in the DC camp. I suppose he can give insight into the UN aspects of global intervention bit more than that Alexander man Labour can.

4. What happened to snouts in the trough all of a sudden.

No small amount of hypocracy by some on this site then :roll:

5. In what way are you accusing Bob Stewart of snouts in the trough Whet? He is a Prospective Parliamentary Candidate, so hasnt even got into the farmyard yet, and definitely nowhere near the trough, which should be considerably smaller by the time of the next election.

I think he will make a good MP, he certainly has a breadth of experience behind him, particularly from his input while serving. The more experienced real life characters we can attract to parliament the better. Better than the Political Studies graduates that seem to populate the ministerial posts today.

6. msr

msr LE

None at all: show me his dodgy claims for a duck house, moat cleaning, second home, his brother as a cleaner, flipped properties and £7k on renovating his property claimed from the public purse: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7400952.stm

msr

7. Oh and it looks like someone might be being rather free with the actuality. You see, the good Tories of Kingston and Surbiton have already selected Helen Whately as their candidate.

Unless of course there is ANOTHER Kingston upon Thames?

8. Doesn't stop some one here from waxing lyrical about those who are candidates though does it? Well, some of those who are candidates. :roll:

9. In what way am I waxing lyrical? I simply said he would make a good MP. He has real world experience and would bring ANY party a wealth of knowledge and experience. Just stating facts.

10. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Gah! Damn you, search engine!

11. Ah - young Mr Goldsmiths candidacy? Or have they struck him off?

Unless there is ANOTHER Richmond Park?

The candidate for Richmond Park

12. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

A Google failure on my part. Apologies.

13. Just a different waxing from candidates of other colours Bob.

My comments are not aimed at Stewart, who may or may not bring something to the Tory benches but those on here who are quick to denounce anyone who is not their own.

14. His only experience is being in the Cheshire Regiment and a bit of a media whore. Why does this make him a good potential MP?

15. Whet, im not even a party member of any party (and never will be), and as it happens have yet to make my mind up which way I vote. I do know where I wont vote, but that is for me to know.

I made an apolitical comment about someone who I have actually met and worked for at one time, and have the utmost respect for. All I am saying that the character will make a good constituency MP and be able to add a wealth of experience gained in the real world to parliament, unlike some that come straight from University into the political world. Lets face it, our current cabinet hardly has anyone with "real world" experience within it, and by the way they run things it shows.