Col Bob 'Standards' Stewart

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by msr, May 31, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Isn't it a bit rich for Col Bob Stewart to be making comments like these:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2951888.stm

Colonel Bob Stewart, former army officer, said: "If someone has done this then it devalues the British Army which is a great pity.

Bit like shagging your interpreter while your wife is back in Germany eh Bob?

2. ;D ;D ;D

Ouch!!!

well said msr........

3. Glass houses indeed.

Nice one MSR

4. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

For a so called "Expert" he should cast that critical eye upon himself whilst reviewing the HVO checkpoint incident.  Plus he was infantry...  

5. Game set and match MSR :wink:

6. "Bonking Bosnia Bob" really is past his sell-by date, rather like that RAF chappie - the one who got shot down in GW1 - who keeps popping up as a "defence expert". I think I might have a go at this game....

7. As is this thread - 2003 until resuscitated

8. That's the point, though. Col Rent-a-Gob Bob will rear his ugly mug any time there is the slightest news story involving the British Army. And yes, its the same for John Nichol as well. Talking heads? Talking bollox more like!

9. Ahh yes we do seem to get a lot of J N and his expert views. Did he not write a book on his experiences that must have helped his bank ballance. For a backseater in a fast jet he seems to have a vast knowledge of a variety of things even on helicopters crashing into hills in fog killing a lot of high ups. That seemed straight forward to me dont fly near high ground when you cant see it. Sorry off topic.. Experts wasnt it lets have some of the real guys on TV telling us how it really is and things like how much kit they buy themselves just to make things a little easier. Hussarrrrr

10. There's quite a little club of passed over sacked Colonels now isn't there?

11. Never quite sussed why JN keeps getting the call, back seat in a fast jet and banged up care of Sadham and he is in the trough for years. I suppose Col Tim and soon to be ex Co 1 QLR have got the neccesary quals to do it, so move over Bob-didn't get a nice little number at the UN?

12. Yup old thread but bonking bob's double standards never go out of style. I had the misfortune to be at an OTC after dinner speech he gave. He had a powerpoint show for a dinner speech FFS; a more self aggrandizing, me- me-me speech I have never heard; nor had the brigadier opposite me who had his head in his hands at this ex-army officer being taken as an exemplar by lots of impressionable officer cadets.
    M9

Unfortunately I did not have the moral courage to button hole him in the bar about shagging his terp, my bad M9

13. It's a shame John Nichol didn't arm the weapons system, they might not have had to eject

14. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Who's the other crustie they keep rolling out Col Mike Dewar must be in his 70's now

15. "Bonking Bosnia Bob" really is past his sell-by date, rather like that RAF chappie - the one who got shot down in GW1 - who keeps popping up as a "defence expert". I think I might have a go at this game....