Coins - any numismatist available

Anyone able to identify these coins

The lower coin is an old penny - to compare the dimensions

The top left coin has the Britannia reverse and the top right coin the Harp reverse

Coins 1.jpg

Coins 2.jpg

Could the Harp one be a Wood's Irish penny?

ETA: No apparently Wood only made ha'pennies, it's certainly an Irish coin anyway "Hibernia" and the Harp and Crown being the giveaways.

ETA2: This it?

1626273577745.png

Last edited:
I thought I'd struck gold when I cleared out my Mother's house. An old tobacco tin full of coins! So off to a bloke I know and trust. Sadly they were all of such poor quality, or "well used" as he put it, they were practically worthless. Collectors want pristine or near pristine coins. So OP unless the coins look better in real life than your image, don't plan on retiring any time soon.

Top left is a milled Irish issue of George Iii

Yes, and ha'pennies.

I thought I'd struck gold when I cleared out my Mother's house. An old tobacco tin full of coins! So off to a bloke I know and trust. Sadly they were all of such poor quality, or "well used" as he put it, they were practically worthless. Collectors want pristine or near pristine coins. So OP unless the coins look better in real life than your image, don't plan on retiring any time soon.

The bloke down the pub said "I will double my money" when I gave his 2k for them

Archie

An example of how unchanging things were in Britain for so long, coins that were minted 100 or more years before were still in circulation. Pennies changed hands, rubbed along in pockets, purses, cash bags and little boys' grubby fists for generations. You could buy a newspaper in swinging sixties London, in the middle of the atomic age, with a coin bearing a young Queen Victoria's head and no one thought it remarkable.

Now coins change their designs with every passing year, and despite becoming shinier and prettier they are able to buy less and less. No wonder our grandparents complained about the decimal diddle, they had a point.

(Harumph over, rustles Daily Telegraph noisily and returns to his toast and marmalade)

An example of how unchanging things were in Britain for so long, coins that were minted 100 or more years before were still in circulation. Pennies changed hands, rubbed along in pockets, purses, cash bags and little boys' grubby fists for generations. You could buy a newspaper in swinging sixties London, in the middle of the atomic age, with a coin bearing a young Queen Victoria's head and no one thought it remarkable.

Now coins change their designs with every passing year, and despite becoming shinier and prettier they are able to buy less and less. No wonder our grandparents complained about the decimal diddle, they had a point.

(Harumph over, rustles Daily Telegraph noisily and returns to his toast and marmalade)
You still see the odd coin here in HK with the Queen's head. I try and keep them if I find them.