Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, Jun 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Don't know if this is just a coincidence but....

2007 - Chinese year of the Chicken - Bird Flu Pandemic devastates parts of Asia

2008 - Chinese year of the Horse - Equine Influenza decimates Australian racing

2009 - Chinese year of the Pig - Swine Flu Pandemic kills hundreds of pigs around the globe.

Has any one else noticed this?

It gets worse........

Next year......

2010 - Chinese year of the Cock - what could possibly go wrong ?
  2. Short answer, No. Surely not another 'china bashing' thread. 2010 is the year of the Tiger, a graceful and intelligent creature so we will be all right.
  3. I can't wait for year of the Dragon!
  4. 2009 is the year of the Ox anyway. 2005 was the Rooster. I think that 2008 was the Rat.

This could be why no one has noticed this ground breaking theory.
  5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

When's it going to be my turn then?
  6. Biped. I'll see if I can get one of the other animals to take a gap year. Then it's all yours.
  7. Rocky,I only cut and paste this crap for the amusement of others.
  8. Van etc. I suspected that. I did hope to to get responses from those who didn't know the calendar. That's why the 'China' bit was dropped in.

Apologies for spoiling your thread. I was going to ask Biped to do his profile for his year next !
  9. What is Biped and does it make for a good pet :?
  10. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I'm glad you asked me that question! I'm hedging my bets on this one, in the hope that in terms of Chinese 'Year ofs', my fairly broad description will see me get more than my fair due of years named after me and my kind.

So, you can stick me down for the years of the:

Basically, I'll do stand-in for those guys if they need some time out from being representative to ideologies.
  11. Thank you Biped. However, (there is always a however) I do not believe that you have distinguished yourself sufficiently from other creatures which usually stand on their hind legs. Gordon Brown for example.

Now if you think that I will suggest to the Buddha that one of his fellow party-goers should stand down in favour of anyone like Broon then you have overestimated my bravery. There are limits to friendship after all.
    What would us mortals expect from your year in office?