Cognitive Test

I just done my practise cognitive test for my briefing on Wednesday (it's over the phone because of COVID-19 now.) What kind of score am I looking at to be able to get into the infantry?

DBarnett

Clanker
I just done my practise cognitive test for my briefing on Wednesday (it's over the phone because of COVID-19 now.) What kind of score am I looking at to be able to get into the infantry?

Don't know exactly but infantry is one of the lowest as you are not required to do the technical test either.

Harry999

Clanker
Hello,

I have my assesment centre soon and am bricking the Cognative test. I was sent a pratice one over my Army portal but it never gave me a score. I find it ok apart from the maths and the very last bit.

Does anyone have any experiance of doing it at assesment centre of how it was and what score you have to get for Paras?

Thank you

Harry999

Clanker
Just done the test at Selection. It is exactly the same as the practice one. Only difference is you're being monitored by Capita staff.

I scored in the 70's which apparently means all trades would've been available to me.

To reiterate speed and accuracy are key.
What is the score out of? I strugle with the bit that is like "john is smater than phill but pill is sadder than amy"

What is the score out of? I strugle with the bit that is like "john is smater than phill but pill is sadder than amy"
Infantry pass score I clouding paras is 25. It's actually difficult to not get that mark as a lot of the questions are far more straight forward than the ones you said you are struggling with. A lot of the math questions are working out which sum is greater, top or bottom e.g (top 25/2=12) (Bottom 9+4 = 13) bottom is greater. The will also use this symbol / instead of the standard ÷ for dividing so you know.

Hi, I’m currently practising my ACT tests. I’ll use an example to help you understand the section in your example a bit better.
1) Doctor sadder than fireman
2) Policeman sadder than doctor
Who is the happiest?
Answer: Fireman.
The doctor is sadder than the fireman (so that rules the doctor out)
The policeman is sadder than the doctor (so that rules the policeman out)
The fireman is the happiest as there is no mention of him being sad but is of the others.
Hope this helps :)

Latest Threads