Coffee & Walnut cake

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by spike7451, Jun 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I had a slab of awesome coffee & walnut cake from the drivers canteen on the Larne ferry the other month while on a run over to England with some dogs for rehomeing for the ASSISI,where I volunteer,

Chance of a Lifetime

& since then I've been hooked on it! (And no,I'm not pregnant!lol)

Anyway,I've tried some shop bought ones & they really don't cut the mustard,either not coffee flavored or enough walnuts for my taste,

So does anyone have a really easy & tasty recipy for the above please?...I know the web crammed with tons of them but they're either too complicated or too boreing.

2. For a simple solution your better off making a simple plain sponge but then flavouring it with expensive coffee and then adding walnut extract.

Finish with coffee flavoured icing (buttercream and the coffee mixed together) and whole walnuts

You can add ground walnuts in to the cake mix also.

3. Don't be ridiculous you lazy trout.

4. Spike I'll look in my books later, think I've either my Mam or Grandma's recipe.
    If I can't find it I'll ring her up.

5. Hey he said simple, in my defence

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hope someone hurries up and posts.....this is making me hungry...I lurrve coffe and walnut cake...:thumright:

7. It was date and walnut loaf
    ImageUploadedByARRSE1342716041.118070.jpg

8. All I have to hand is biscuit recipe sorry.

Attached Files:

9. Similar to Jarrod's recipe is one I adapted from Delia.....

Banana and date loaf.

3oz soft margarine

4oz rich brown sugar

1 large egg

8oz plain flour

1 heaped tsp baking powder

3- 4 over ripe bananas

10 roughly chopped dates

Throw everything in the blender except the flour, whizz for a couple of minutes, then add the flour for a couple more minutes.

Put in a greased loaf tin and bake for 30 minutes at 150c, then keep checking until the cente has firmed.

One of my all time favourites and relatively healthy, spread with butter or jam as well, if you like.

10. If ever I'm stuck I refer to Nigella Lawson. Usually on YouTube.

Takes my mind right off cooking. And then I have a lie down.

Delia has the opposite effect.