COD: MW2 Favourite Map & Why?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Gundulph, Jan 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A lot of people like the Wasteland Map as they like sniping on it, it's my favourite Map so far but for totally different reasons, it's always a great struggle to defend the bunker system if everyone in both teams are going for it. Also good when there are 2 or 3 stalkers out there waiting to pick off individuals re-spawning outside the bunker system and you suss them out with a few thumpers from long range 8)

How can anyone NOT like this game :?

2. Picked it up the other day and I have to say, why did I wait so long!! Just getting into the multiplayer hard not to get fragged by 12 year olds with the basic setup but getting there :)

3. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

I must admit I enjoy most of the maps most of the time when everyone is going for it as you describe. I get very bored very soon when you just get both teams camped out at either end refusing to move. I quite like Estate as it has a good combination of cover and choke points.
    Terminal can be a hoot again when evryone is going all out,but overall I enjoy the Favella because you can mix long shots with balls out blasting and stabbing close up over arange of heights/rooftops.
    Got to love this game!!

4. MW2 ? Isn't that for sad cnuts?

Btw, I like "Derailed" :wink:

5. I think different maps are good/bad depending on what game you play.

I play domination, i think favela and estate are excellent, not too keen on quarry or highrise.

Anyone know what unlocks and when?? my mate can play rust but i cant yet, he is a major im a m/sgt 2

6. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

Not sure what unlocks and when mate. What i do know is Rust is cool,its like scrapping in a broom closet. Up close and personal!

7. Not too keen on Skidrow and Highrise, they seem to come up a bit often. I quite like Estate and Wasteland compared to the more closed-in maps.

8. Highrise because I always get a good KDR on that particular level for some reason. Terminal because it's small enough to be fun, but not too small like Rust.

9. I'm pretty good at favela or estate so theyre my favs

10. Rust in hardcore HQ is the one to rack up lots of kills and deaths but hey ho

11. 2 faves, Highrise as I can climb up on top of the building (by use of swinging lifts, ledges and lots of jumping) one side and take folk out with a sniper (also full of teddy Bears for some reason) and the other map I love has to be scrapyard one cant remember the name but has lots of trashed planes in the middle. Running around with the SCAR and auto shotgun........lots of fun

12. The only map I'm not overly keen on is Derail.....never play rust so wont comment.

Learning the choke points, good spots to pickoff people for the different maps took ages.
    Finally prestiged(sp?) last night and quickly got hammered in the next game because I had to go back to using a FAMAS(never liked it anyway).

After roughly 22:30 it is shite because the yanks come online and it turns into a different game.

13. yeah I noticed that too. between 1800 and 22:00 I was doing really well, Kills always higher than deaths, Fcuking yanks turn up and my kill/death ratio flips......... :x

14. Is this on PC or another platform?

15. Xbox 360. Not played it on PC.