• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

COD Black Ops II

I'm surprised no one has started a thread yet.

Campaign too short, again. 6 hours consevative play.

Mulitiplayer, more of the same, new coat of paint.

Zombies, hmmm ok, bus is a nice idea.

Has the COD series seen its day one asks?

Not played it but I imagine it is exactly the same as the other million and one first person shooters available.

I honestly think the only area where the FPS genre can make improvements is scale - but Planetside 2 doesn't go live until the 20th Nov.

Whilst there are only a few days of the Planetsdie 2 beta left to go, I do have a couple of spare keys if anyone is interested. Obviously once it is live you can sign up like everyone else and it won't (necessarily) cost you a penny.

as a bit of fun, i think they are great, the spec ops gets more air time than the campaign, havent got either black ops at the mo, just cod 2 and 3. is it still over 50 quid?

I went off COD after MW3. I never liked Treyarch's offerings. And Activision made no improvements from MW2.

I played the Beta of BF3 and was instantly hooked. It's the only FPS I'll play now until Far Cry 3 comes out.

You know what, I've actually enjoyed it so far. I thought MW3 was utter shite, but Black Ops II really isn't that bad on the multiplayer front.

Way better than the previous Treyarch outing.

I racked up hours upon hours on the original BlOps (both normal & zombies) - it was very buggy at first, but once everything was sorted out, it was a fantastic game.

MW3 ruined CoD for me, because it was exactly the same as MW2 (even the titles & emblems were exactly the same... the lazy bastards!)

I don't like the look of BlOps II... robots? Future combat? No thanks - I'll stick to old skool bang sticks thanks.

Someone get this so I have a chum!

It's the most fun I've had on CoD since MW2, no joke. Really enjoying after having spent a few evenings playing.

The futuristic part of it isn't that futuristic, if that makes any sense - but it's given Treyarch the freedom to create their own weapons and get rid of all the crap from previous iterations.

I've found all the weapons really balanced so far, and the class system too. Fancy two perks? Fancy four? Go for it, but you have to take a hit on secondaries and weapon attachments and such. It's really good, score streaks (replacing kill streaks) is a really good system as now people are fighting for points and not kills (noticeable difference in Domination and games like that). And they're not overpowered either.

Yes, there's a few new drone options, but you've got to be thick as **** to get killed by 'em.

Good fast paced fun, after a couple of nights I've got the ol' skills back.

Got pissed off with MW3 online, too many cock stands who see it as a way of life and not the game it is.
Killed one guy about 7 times with a sniper rifle, got a message to grow some legs! Apparently 'camping' is a no no, so why have a sniper class? Don't often see a sniper legging it round the battlefield like a lit weasel do you?
I found Battlefield 3 to be a better game, with a more grown up set of players.
That said, I have just got Black Ops 2, and the wife is not getting much attention in the evenings at the moment.

Got pissed off with MW3 online, too many cock stands who see it as a way of life and not the game it is.
Killed one guy about 7 times with a sniper rifle, got a message to grow some legs! Apparently 'camping' is a no no, so why have a sniper class? Don't often see a sniper legging it round the battlefield like a lit weasel do you?
I found Battlefield 3 to be a better game, with a more grown up set of players.
That said, I have just got Black Ops 2, and the wife is not getting much attention in the evenings at the moment.
Insert 'your wife isn't getting much attention from you gag here _______

I'll probably pick it up over Christmas to give me something to do as no doubt the tv schedule will be back to back Shrek and Gruffalo.

Haven't bought a COD since MW2 and doubt I will. Neither developer seems to be putting in enough effort to warrant the money anymore, and it's clearly been aimed at children rather than "purist" gamers like myself! I'm in the Planetside 2 beta but never really gave it much of a go. I've since upgraded my PC and, once I've lost my XCOM boner, intend to smash the pie out of it.

******* hated black ops and am firmly in the thought process that all games must measure themselves against bf3 on the MP front and I feel quite wrong saying this but its actually pretty good, and its nice to mix things up a bit. Dont get me wrong i didnt rush out to get it but it has kept me entertained for a fair few hours as Im not a fan of Halo, MOH MP sucks hoop and I needed a break from Bf3.

So in short not as bad as I thought it would be and will pass the time till something else appears (plus you'll get a good exchange on it when that 'thing comes around)

******* hated black ops and am firmly in the thought process that all games must measure themselves against bf3 on the MP front and I feel quite wrong saying this but its actually pretty good, and its nice to mix things up a bit. Dont get me wrong i didnt rush out to get it but it has kept me entertained for a fair few hours as Im not a fan of Halo, MOH MP sucks hoop and I needed a break from Bf3.

So in short not as bad as I thought it would be and will pass the time till something else appears (plus you'll get a good exchange on it when that 'thing comes around)
Pretty much sums up my opinion of it. 'Better than I thought it would be' is probably the best verdict.

Latest Threads