'Cockney' tit for tat calls for jihad in Somalia.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by chocolate_frog, Dec 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Al-Qaeda Cockney calls for holy war in Somalia | The Sun |News

A man with a Cockney accent has been broadcase calling for jihad in Somalia, and that Muslims of the world should join the fight to turn the place in to a 'hardline Muslim state'....

Haven't the Somalians had a tradgic enough recent past without the worlds religious headcases descending upon them? Not sure what the hardline, extreme right, extreme medeval religious headcases views on piracy are though.

Daft thing is, he'll be back soon claiming his benefits no doubt, either that or it will transpire he was at a 'wedding'.

2. Splendid. So long as mr cockney accent is in Somalia in person (rather than London) I have no gripes

3. Nah, Britain won't be involved. That nice Mr Obama will use his family ties to help sort it all out.
    Mr Obama is a hero in that part of Africa don't you know?

4. Are the Yanks still in there or did they pull out after the 'Black Hawk down' thing?

I must admit I've sort of not bothered with Somalia, other than pirates. Don't they have oil there?

5. Stupid statements from religious idiots should not be a surprise.

6. Somalian Pirates vs Al Queda: No Humans Involved. Get the beers in and enjoy the show.

7. One of Al Qaeda's aims is to disrupt the West's oil supply - hence their activities in Somalia and Yemen (both sides of the Gulf of Aden) are a source of concern to us. Both places with offer the terrorist what they have lacked thus far - coastal areas under their control and the ability to attack international shipping. Whilst lumbering oil tankers are not that easy to sink (depending on load) as the crude oil is hard to ignite and absorbs the blast, they can just damge ships to cause problems with shipping insurance and hence oil prices.

And it has happened before: BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Yemen says tanker blast was terrorism

8. The funny (or not) thing is their are an estimated 500,000 somali refugees, illegal immigrants in Northern Europe, and a hell of a lot of them in the U.K. Fck* knows how many of them are supporters of jihad, but what the hell, claim our benefits between wars.

Talking today to a friend in London, it seems that the somali gangs in the capital are taking over big time, drugs, prossies etc, where are they getting their gear and weapons one wonders ?

9. Old news, they've been around for years and years in south London in mostly Woolwich and Charlton and are some of the most violent gangs down here.

10. Yeah. 2 PWRR based in Woolwich are having some problems with them at present, especially on the pads estate.

11. They're some of the worst when it comes to mugging guy's too. They will literaly take your trainers off your feet, hat off your head and jacket off your back, the guys from Peckham do the same aswell. It's trampy to be honest but they will stab you if you dont comply. I'm guessing the black and mixed raced Soldiers are getting harassed the most? As they will be seen as from another area or rival gang member.

12. Are these guys actually from Somalia or brought up from Somalian parents living in the UK? I think there's a big difference as morals and standards in Somalia must be a world apart from in the UK. Well, I presume they are at any rate. That said, you can't blame them when the authorities don't care and if caught will get a slap on the wrist. The chances of being caught must also be around 1000/1.

13. Alot of them actually came over when they were young kids by immigrant parents, so life is cheap to them. They also know if they mug someone here they wont get their hands chopped off or executed for murder. Jail is actually the equivalent to university for most gang members down here and they get more respect(stupid i know).

14. That is a big problem. The punishments we hand out are a doddle compared to their home country...

Now, if we expelled them from our country and sent them home there might be a bit more of a deterrent to them.

15. The problem lies in the fact that for many this is their home. There's no solution TBH. Tougher laws won't work. It is impossible to make some human beings, no matter what colour or creed respect each other. Without that there is no solution.