Cocaine overdose deaths up 20 per cent

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Extremist, Aug 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Torygraph

Now, quite frankly, I don't care what the Limp Dems are wringing their hands about.

I'm rather pleased. The more people that die doing drugs, the less people will buy them, the less money the dealer will make and the better society will become. I think it's a pity that junkies just don't simply explode on the first sniff/hit/breath of their favourite drug.

Bearing in mind the Afghan thing right now, why can't customs re-introduce smack that they've raided back onto the streets, but altered so it's deadly? Call it a 'Genetically Modified Crop' in which it fails to seed future generations of wasters and scum.

2. No loss to the gene pool really, why not just give it to them for free thereby lowering the need for them to steal, commit burglary etc and to please downing street tax it!

3. Best news I have had all day. Just need to kill off the dealers now too somehow.

4. First Kennedy, then BB and now this... seems to be a day for good news.

5. not seeing the problem here

6. I look forward to Kerry Katona joining the statistic.

7. Ive said for a long time the best way to get rid of the "problem" of hard drug abuse is to allow access to high purity cocaine and heroin for the junkie. they get a good hit and die with a smile on their face, the rest of society gets rid of a waste of skin. And the dealers go out of buisness because the pure stuff is only available of govt approved suppliers. 1 shot each basis, so dealers cant get their greedy fist on it

8. "Oh dear, how said, never mind!" Sergeant Major Williams

And New Liabour were saying that drug abuse was at its lowest ever...... yeah right ...

9. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

The problem with our drugs policy is we just dont have the balls to do it properly, western liberal democracies don't have the stomach, its fair enough to some extent because anyones kids can get caught up in drugs. We should either do one things or the other

Fight it properly, the Chinese did it with opium at the turn of the century. lines up thousands of junkies in public squares and bulleted them, not suprisingly the willpower of the surviving addicts returned and lo, addition was cut down drastically

or

Legalise it

10. I prefer the Chinese option. :wink:

11. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

And the other crackehead's;
    Doherty,Whinehouse & hubby! :D

12. Maybe we can persuade Jackos former Doctor to get a job in rehab looking after them all!!

13. i dont know how they manage it really, theres a credit crunch on and they manage to kill themselves on a heavily cut and ridiculously overpriced drug. dedication or what!

14. Quality of Charlie must be improving then ;)

15. Finally we agree on something. :wink: