• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Cocaine overdose deaths up 20 per cent

The Torygraph

fficial statistics showed there were 235 deaths linked to cocaine abuse in England and Wales last year, a rise of 20 per cent. The number of deaths linked to all illegal drugs was also up - to an eight-year high.

There were 1,738 overdose deaths from illegal drugs in 2008, a rise of 8 per cent. Liberal Democrat health spokesman Norman Lamb said the figures were ''horrifying''.
Now, quite frankly, I don't care what the Limp Dems are wringing their hands about.

I'm rather pleased. The more people that die doing drugs, the less people will buy them, the less money the dealer will make and the better society will become. I think it's a pity that junkies just don't simply explode on the first sniff/hit/breath of their favourite drug.

Bearing in mind the Afghan thing right now, why can't customs re-introduce smack that they've raided back onto the streets, but altered so it's deadly? Call it a 'Genetically Modified Crop' in which it fails to seed future generations of wasters and scum.

No loss to the gene pool really, why not just give it to them for free thereby lowering the need for them to steal, commit burglary etc and to please downing street tax it!

Ive said for a long time the best way to get rid of the "problem" of hard drug abuse is to allow access to high purity cocaine and heroin for the junkie. they get a good hit and die with a smile on their face, the rest of society gets rid of a waste of skin. And the dealers go out of buisness because the pure stuff is only available of govt approved suppliers. 1 shot each basis, so dealers cant get their greedy fist on it

"Oh dear, how said, never mind!" Sergeant Major Williams

And New Liabour were saying that drug abuse was at its lowest ever...... yeah right ...

The problem with our drugs policy is we just dont have the balls to do it properly, western liberal democracies don't have the stomach, its fair enough to some extent because anyones kids can get caught up in drugs. We should either do one things or the other

Fight it properly, the Chinese did it with opium at the turn of the century. lines up thousands of junkies in public squares and bulleted them, not suprisingly the willpower of the surviving addicts returned and lo, addition was cut down drastically

or

Legalise it

meridian said:
The problem with our drugs policy is we just dont have the balls to do it properly, western liberal democracies don't have the stomach, its fair enough to some extent because anyones kids can get caught up in drugs. We should either do one things or the other

Fight it properly, the Chinese did it with opium at the turn of the century. lines up thousands of junkies in public squares and bulleted them, not suprisingly the willpower of the surviving addicts returned and lo, addition was cut down drastically

or

Legalise it
I prefer the Chinese option. :wink:

i dont know how they manage it really, theres a credit crunch on and they manage to kill themselves on a heavily cut and ridiculously overpriced drug. dedication or what!

Arrest the users, offer either to clean them up and turn Queens evidence on the next on up the chain or rope trap door on a Saturday afternoon half time at the football or a Friday at the rugby as half time entertainment. dealers, they just join their customers who don't 'grass' them up. Dealer offered choice, rest of life with no parole for the next one up the chain or short life until trap door opens. There again, me being evil, might just off the dealer anyway, save money and food. One has to think of cost now this sh1te government has got us into such a mess.

Have got the chart for calculating a drop, but only takes into account rope, not what I would use. piano wire, got to make the barstweards suffer!!!!

Extremist said:
The Torygraph

fficial statistics showed there were 235 deaths linked to cocaine abuse in England and Wales last year, a rise of 20 per cent. The number of deaths linked to all illegal drugs was also up - to an eight-year high.

There were 1,738 overdose deaths from illegal drugs in 2008, a rise of 8 per cent. Liberal Democrat health spokesman Norman Lamb said the figures were ''horrifying''.
Sh1t happens.

Not quite worth dancing in the streets mind.

Latest Threads