Coax stripper.

Discussion in 'DIY' started by vvaannmmaann, May 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking at getting a replacement stripper.The old one is the clamp type with adjustable blades moved with an Allen key then spun around the cable a few times.
    I see on advertised that looks like a pen with holes in the sides near the end.
    Are these any good,do they work?

2. This is the best ever coax stripper - http://www.schleuniger.com/DesktopDefault.aspx/tabid-124/283_read-823/

3. I find the best way to coax a stripper is to pay her money.

4. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

:D

5. What's wrong with a Stanley knife - it's what I always use and it works a treat.

6. If its for personal use, a stanley is no problem. A fair few sites I visit though, now ban stanley knives unless you can prove that no other tool can do the job.

7. 'If its for personal use, a stanley is no problem. A fair few sites I visit though, now ban stanley knives unless you can prove that no other tool can do the job.'

That's true, in this risk averse society, the possibility that you might actually draw blood in the course of your work gives Health and Safety a case of the vapours!

8. Bonfire very good,but only if you're tatting in the copper!

9. I wear these for every job I am on now, 2 pairs last about 2 months, 1pair wearing/ 1 pair in wash on a weekly rotation.

Showa 541's

I have to admit, since I started wearing them, my hands are no longer covered in cuts/scrapes, and even, to an extent, bruises. I get them in size7, so they are skintight on, and have no problems carrying out even intricate work.

10. Wimp.

Anyway, never mind Stanley knives, most engineers use something MUCH better ... A proper scalpel ... Swann Morton handel with 10A blades.

11. Surgeon Walt.

12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP