Coast 2 Coast - Help for Heroes

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by BLUESKINNEDBEAST, Jul 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ladies and Gents,

I am a keen Lambretta rider and member of the Yorkshire Scooter Alliance. At our AGM in January this year I was asked by the committee to give a presentation on Help for Heroes. This went down a storm and I received a standing ovation from all those present. The YSA decided that for this year, they would support Help for Heroes and so far we, as an Alliance have raised approximately £5000.

Over the weekend 15 - 17 Aug, more than 300 scooter enthusiasts will be riding from Southport on the West coast to Bridlington on the East Coast, all riders are trying to raise sponsorship for the event. It is costing each rider £25 for the privilege and then his fuel costs on top of that, which each rider is paying for themselves.

We will be setting off from Southport on the morning of Sat 16 Aug, riding over to Skipton, where we will stop for lunch and then carry on to Bridlington. That evening we are holding a Northern Sould night and raffle at the Pavillion.

I personally will be riding my 1962 Lambretta LI 150, which I am sure will break down once if not twice but I am determined to make it. To that end I am looking for people to sponsor me for the event.

All I ask is that you pledge a donation and once I have completed the event and posted evidence of it, you send me a cheque made payable to "Help for Heroes." I will PM everyone my address once completed.

Thank you.