Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coarctation of the Aorta

Status
Not open for further replies.

watch_dog

Swinger
So I just filled in my medical and had to tick yes to 'heart valve abnormalities' because I had a coarctation of the aorta when I was about 8 days, and a more permanent fix when i was 18 months. Evidently it was fixed and i have been fine since then, and all doctors who have looked at me have said that it is fixed as far as they can tell.

Am i wrong to assume that this is my chance at getting into the army over? Ive been worried from the start despite some people telling me it should be fine, but answering yes to that question sort of triggered something that's really got my mind set on me failing

I'll reiterate - i have had *no* problems since the operation, every checkup I've had since then has been fine. i do not have any chest/heart pains, as far as i can tell and feel, i am a perfectly normal, healthy human being.

I dunno if it makes any difference, but this is for the reserves, not regulars.

Last edited:
I think that you will be fine medically but I question your sanity in asking such a question on arrse ;)

watch_dog

Swinger
I'm hoping so, I'm preparing myself for an appeal anyway just in case (always better to be over prepared than not prepared at all).

I don't have sanity, at all lol

The_Duke

LE
This is one for the person who reviews your medical file and application, not a rumour based internet site.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads