Coalition re-shuffle: another chance for a lying thief to join the Cabinet.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Queensman, Sep 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It would appear that Call-Me-Dave has been shang-hied by Clegg into letting that snivelling little creep David Laws back into the Government. A man (of sorts) who let us not forget, stole £40,000 from us, the 'Taxpayer'. What sort of message does this send out to the country? If Laws was in any other line of employment, he'd be doing bloody time at the moment, not preparing for high office. His website has no mention of his unfortunate slip-up, ie him getting caught de-frauding us so that he could feather the nest of his boyfriend. Disgusting. On many levels.
  2. It signifies that there is one law for them, and another for the rest of us.

If I defrauded anyone of £40K I'm absolutely certain I would be serving time at Her Majesty's pleasure, and unable to take any salary while serving. Furthermore my employment prospects would be absolutely minimal, by having a criminal record, thus denying me any employment in a position of trust.

Whereas being a Lib Dem politician he has managed to retain his £70K guaranteed income, and now faces a return to a deeper trough as a minister. Furthermore he will have access to free travel (ministerial chauffeur, first class rail and air travel) subsidised bar, and without doubt plenty of people vying to pay him for services rendered after his period as a minister. He has not gained a criminal record, despite being identified as a fraudulent thief.
    • Like Like x 5
  3. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

He did it for the best of reasons - at least for the LibDems - it's allegedly becasue he was scared to be 'outed' as homosexual. That ticks all the right (or left) boxes, and therefore it's not his fault, doncha see, Society is to blame, it's not a fair cop, etc.

Anyway, he's a clever MP, and therefore above the law.
  4. Just like the good Baroness, these people really are untouchable.
  5. Beyond belief really! They must have some crafty underhand plan to secure a second term that we are, as yet, unaware of because they will win nothing at the next election!
  6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Tsk. How many more times? If you wish to discuss a low-life self-serving snot gobbling thief like David Laws MP, then put David Laws MP in the thread title. Thus anybody doing a search on David Laws MP will find ARRSE Enlightenment a couple of places below the shallow gits polished turd of a website.

Be interesting to see how many more chinless shallow gits CMD can cram into one cabinet. In this year of Olympic glory I feel he may be trying for a record.
    • Like Like x 6
  7. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

David Laws is just one example of our political system being corrupt. What is valued in the higher echelons of political life is not honour or honesty but what you can do and get away with it. I was astounded by Laws defence to a fraud charge. Not in the public interest? Of course it was in the public interest to have the man face trial.

We shall soon see how that horrible unelectable harridan Warsi has been given to do in this awful government.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. HHH

HHH LE

You mean the "working class" Baroness,

From Here,
    BBC News - Baroness Warsi's plea to remain Tory party chairman
  9. Rumors:

Cheryl Gillian - Secretary of State for Wales - gone. Nope, I'd never heard of her either.

Kenneth Clarke - Justice - gone. Offered leader of the commons but turned it down for the backbenches.

Warsi goes to Culture Secretary maybe.

Kwasi Kwarteng is in the offing for something.

Lansley and Spellman gone.

All probably rubbish but hey, it's the internet. I wonder who will replace Lansley running health?
  10. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Q: Why did 80,000 people boo George Osborne last night?

A: Because that's the maximum capacity of the stadium.

Here's hoping that the nice Mr Hammond, having 'balanced the books' at the MOD, is asked to do the same at Health, or somewhere.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Laws; money grabbing, snivelling little shit that he is, did show some signs of being competent on office. He also had a decent career before he came into politics - unfortunately as an investment banker.

He seems one of the few MP's with the experience and management skills to get the ballooning public spending under control. He was making a decent fist of his job in the treasury before he got caught out playing fast and loose with his expenses.

He might be a shit, but he's a competent shit...

• Like Like x 1
  12. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Sometimes I think I prefer rogues to fools because rogues are more predictable - all one has to do is to work oiut what course of action best suits their selfinterest.

But Laws is wholly loathesome and should have been prosecuted.
  13. Apparently, this is the wealthiest and most privileged Cabinet in British political history.
    Reportedly 85% of the Cabinet are Millionaires - so remember folks, 'We're all in this together'
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I can just see the outrage bus coming over the hill.
  15. So nothing like Bliars various Cabinets..? apart from a very few, select, token figures.