Coalition parties declare war on peace activists

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr Happy, Oct 10, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

http://www.expatica.com/source/site_article.asp?subchannel_id=1&story_id=24288&name=Coalition+parties+declares+war+on+peace+activists

Whilst not actually talking about the fact that peace activists are a bunch of tossers living under the protection of the armed forces it is a big step, in Cloggie terms....

2. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Not that I have much experience of the Dutch, but from what I've see they have as few laws as possible, but come down on you like a ton o' bricks if you break them. The Police have 113 APC's, and the Konigan Marchuzee (or however its spelt) take no prisoners - or they do, and God help the poor b'stards...

3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I was very impressed to get stopped at customs at schipol amsterdam.

In MARCH 2003 I got a speeding fine, I was 'unable' to pay the fine (just passing through, no local bank account or intention of returning to local post office) SEPTEMBER 2004 I get a pull at immigration for a quick 'pay-yer-fine' opportunity.

Can't knock that sort of coordinated system and good on 'em. I was speeding and deserved the fine. A guy in my [Amsterdam] local recently got warned by the police following his D&D/DWI that they had reason to believe he was D&D/DWI again, he would AUTOMATICALLY get a sixty days sentence. Do not stop at go, go straight to jail.