Coalition leaflets dropped in Iraq

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by FunkyNewBlood, Feb 17, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. why are they attacking a burned out tank in the 'Take an offensive posture' leaflet? the special effects dept went overboard on that baby!
  2. Does it really make a matter which tank posture you take, Iraqi or coalition forces, you will be destroyed by the US forces anyway. :roll:
  3. Interesting. I'll take a look at that link.

These posters look as if they came out fairly early, on the face of it. As an armchair observer, one of the frustrations of continual reports of families being killed for coming too close to convoys, etc, was the impression that there had not at that time been any adequate information campaign to say what was expected of them for their own safety.

I liked a British 'product' which appeared in the South, fairly early in the occupation along the lines of "We wont leave you this time". Will post a link if I come across it again.
  4. I know I talked down the Brtitish effort, which I should apologies for. I saw a couple while I was out there (one of which is on my desk). I would be be greatful to see some more examples.
  5. Hope they're all printed on soft, perforated paper :D :D :D
  6. How many Iraqis can read english? :D :D

Yeah Yeah I know
  7. [​IMG]
  8. Sad git that I am, has anyone got any of these brit or US up for grabs. I'm after one or two of each that has been dropped.

PM me please if you have.

9. For those interested in visual communications, psyops, propaganda, etc -

you might be interested in recent posts in the "EXERCISING YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE" thread in Current Affairs.

including a link to an excellent series of webpages about British psychological operations from the Boer War onwards.
  10. BTW, those leaflets were dropped preinvasion; I think carried the full selection of them, if you want copies.
  11. slightly off-topic, but a few more WW2 'propaganda' images posted today in that Current Affairs thread along with link to the web source
  12. Just in case any body is interested the leaflets that were dropped in Gulf war 1 are now worth about £5.00 each to collectors. Pity i threw the couple of hundred I had away except one of each of the best.

D.D. :evil: