Coalition leaflets dropped in Iraq

Interesting. I'll take a look at that link.

These posters look as if they came out fairly early, on the face of it. As an armchair observer, one of the frustrations of continual reports of families being killed for coming too close to convoys, etc, was the impression that there had not at that time been any adequate information campaign to say what was expected of them for their own safety.

I liked a British 'product' which appeared in the South, fairly early in the occupation along the lines of "We wont leave you this time". Will post a link if I come across it again.

hackle said:
I liked a British 'product' which appeared in the South, fairly early in the occupation along the lines of "We wont leave you this time". Will post a link if I come across it again.
I know I talked down the Brtitish effort, which I should apologies for. I saw a couple while I was out there (one of which is on my desk). I would be be greatful to see some more examples.

Sad git that I am, has anyone got any of these brit or US up for grabs. I'm after one or two of each that has been dropped.

PM me please if you have.

ArmourerSadgit.

For those interested in visual communications, psyops, propaganda, etc -

you might be interested in recent posts in the "EXERCISING YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE" thread in Current Affairs.

including a link to an excellent series of webpages about British psychological operations from the Boer War onwards.

hackle said:
For those interested in visual communications, psyops, propaganda, etc -

you might be interested in recent posts in the "EXERCISING YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE" thread in Current Affairs.

including a link to an excellent series of webpages about British psychological operations from the Boer War onwards.
slightly off-topic, but a few more WW2 'propaganda' images posted today in that Current Affairs thread along with link to the web source

Just in case any body is interested the leaflets that were dropped in Gulf war 1 are now worth about £5.00 each to collectors. Pity i threw the couple of hundred I had away except one of each of the best.

D.D. :evil:

Latest Threads