CO2 Shortage are you serious

We are producing millions of tonnes of excess CO2 and some fucking how we have a shortage, surely it can't be that difficult to bloody condense and store.

Surely there must be a way of extracting the stuff from the atmosphere.

We are producing millions of tonnes of excess CO2 and some ******* how we have a shortage, surely it can't be that difficult to bloody condense and store.
Probably decided by the same thick cnut at the water board, who, when I asked why my water was costing more per month than my electricity, said "well, water is a rare commodity, isn't it"

On an Island surrounded by water, we suffer with droughts....we produce more CO2 than we use but we have a shortage, we produce plastic waste but can't recycle it ourselves...can anyone spot a common issue here...

You'd think that with the amount of hot air generated by this website alone... :-D

One of the issues is possibly the waste laws. Remember when we used to donate pots and pans to make Spitfires, etc.? Scrap was seen as a strategic resource. Then it was realigned under waste management rules.

The scrappies went wild. Okay, you rarely see a poor one - a 'poor' year is one in which he didn't buy a new Jag - but they did have a point. It meant that there were often unreasonable costs loaded onto them. For instance, by the time what's left of a car goes to landfill, there's nothing of intrinsic value left on it - the scrappies will have had it all off. But they were being made to pay the full whack for landfilling 'waste'.

It also has lead to the absurd situation where whole vessels of scrap are shipped off to places like India to be dealt with. What's wrong with putting it in a smelter here? We literally give away materials of significant worth.

Last edited:
It could be they are just bobbing about because their anchors can't reach the bottom anymore

"Food" grade pure CO2 is made as a by -product of ammonia production., usually for making ammonium nitrate fertiliser.
Summer is the maintenance down time for the fertiliser factories.

The "free" CO2 in the atmosphere is full of grot.
This year seems to be a "perfect storm" as a lot of plants are all off line across europe at the same time.

ARRSE produces plenty of methane, can CO2 be extracted from that?

"Food" grade pure CO2 is made as a by -product of ammonia production., usually for making ammonium nitrate fertiliser.
Summer is the maintenance down time for the fertiliser factories.
Great, now you tell me. I’m just going to have to put that 1500lb car bomb on hold for a while.

Great, now you tell me. I’m just going to have to put that 1500lb car bomb on hold for a while.
GCHQ know where you live...

No, you can buy your AN from the shop.
There's no shortage of that in the supply line.