CO2 Free Energy from Oil?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Wordsmith, Aug 3, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

The dieselisation debacle was entirely foreseen and was seen as cynical at the time.

This technology has been developed by an individual with a formidable reputation and track record in the industry, who doesn't need the money, and whose considerable legacy is unlikely to be enhanced by the championing of a perpetual motion machine.in his twilight years.

We'll see what the pilot project produces, which is why people do pilot projects, but Rodney Allam is not a scammer.

2. You need to read the Telegraph. He retired after previously publishing an untested and unproven theory. A bunch of venture capitalists have decided to take a punt to see if they can make money from it. A gamble.

3. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

This is what interested me about the protect originally. Venture Capital firms are not known for sinking money into no-hope projects. There may be a slight element of gambling in funding this, but the potential upside for them if Allam has got it right will (I suspect) be huge.

I will not profess to understand more than the basics of the technology, but the man is an acknowledged industry expert. I doubt the VC company would have touched this without a mass of detailed calculations for its own experts to go over. Somewhere behind this is some very high powered mathematics that will go about 15,000 feet over my head.

Wordsmith

4. Been doing a bit of hunting around and I found a couple of articles that may well point to the viability of the "project".

A small and compact turbine could power a town

Supercritical Carbon Dioxide Power Cycles Starting to Hit the Market

It does look promising.

• Informative Informative x 1