Co-opting India and China into the New New World Order

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by AndyPipkin, Apr 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I have held the view for sometime that the US is going to have to significantly alter its foreign policy.

The bold is key. If the US does not, it will, I fear it become more and more isolated as other nations move to orbit the spheres of the two new growing super powers. The US's influence won't go over night but the days of being able to administer "justice" or "democracy" on behalf of the world (whether they like it or not :roll: ) are fast disappearing, the majority of nations view prejudiced by a growing disdain of Bush's disasterous foreign policies during his time of office.

The world, it is a'changing.....

A good article.

2. Indeed the bold is the Key, and one that we and europe are also going to be greatly affected by.

I fear that we are not doing enough to maintain a good and fair trading balance with these tiger economys, let alone realising that they are fast approaching the point where the approval or disapproval of their internal and external policeys will be of no concern to them!

The rover car farce with chinese would be a case in point. We failed too see that they intended to force the market and then pick up the pieces for next too nothing! Which they then did. But by maintaining a very reduced workforce here they can circumvent import restrictions.

bad for Us Good for Them, cant blame them because we failed to be foward thinking, in manufacturing. :(

3. Well it seems the 'unipolar' moment may be over but that merely puts the US back where it was for most of the 20th century. Europe, however, is on 'the exit ramp from history'.

4. I'm nor sure. EU+Russia would be the most powerfull geopolitical, economical and military force in the World with plenty of resources including mineral and intellectual. I don't speak about Russian membership in EU but special close relations are possible. This union would be highly profitable for both sides.

5. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I have said for years that when the Warsaw pact began to crumble the EU should have made approaches to Russia (Muscovite/St. Petersburg state) rather than have them nervous about their satellites etc. growing closer to NATO and/or the EU. It's certainly not too late.

(by the way Sergei, do I take it from your new signature that we have a monarchist in the house, or perhaps a Romanov ;) )