CNN Index of those killed in Iraq and Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by FluffyBunny, May 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Stephanie has sent me a link to this site, which I've included in the Book of Remembrance threads.

The sites can be sorted by name or date, and are useful if you are searching for someone who wasn't a member of the British Armed Forces.

The BBC and MoD sites listed in the Remembrance threads are more detailed, but as you might expect, only cover the British dead.

I'm normally up for a bit of foreigner-bashing, but looking through those lists, the rest of the coalition are paying a heavy price for their involvement.

The amount of folk the Americans are losing is startling. I hadn't appreciated it was so high. It's only really when something exceptional happens, such as the soldiers feared captured, that it makes the news here.

We might criticise their political leadership, and sometimes the skills of their troops, but the men and women on the ground, of all nations, deserve our respect for doing a difficult and dangerous job.
  2. Thats very true Fluffy, the Americans worship their troops, its a shame that it isn't the same over here. Its never good to lose anyone, especially when they are willing to put their lives on the line for everyone else.