CNC Machinist Miller or Turner- Glasgow
REPORTS TO: FOREMAN
To effectively operate CNC vertical and horizontal milling machines to produce components which meet or
exceed the Company's quality, operating and delivery standards. To maintain work area and machinery in good
working order. To maximise production and comply with Companys health, safety and environmental
requirements at all times.
Key Areas of Responsibility :-
1. Produce right first time components, from customers drawings, to required cycle times.
2. Maintain a cost effective and high standard of production.
3. Improve production / manufacturing methods.
4. Improve setup and run times.
5. Maintain work area and machinery to a high standard.
6. Observe Castle Health and Safety policy.
7. Observe Castle Environmental policy.
8. Liaise effectively with other members of the department and the Company.
Specific Experience Required:-
· 10 years time served experience in setting and operating milling machines.
· Qualified to HNC level (or equivalent).
· Excellent working knowledge of machines, cutting speeds and feeds, geometric tolerances and on-machine
probing (preferably on aircraft materials i.e Nimonic, titanium etc).
· Solid understanding of interpreting engineering drawings and standards.
· Experience of Fanuc controls is essential. (all of our machines are Fanuc controlled).
· Extensive knowledge of manufacturing techniques.
· Experience of cost, set-up & manufacture time reduction, with a view to increasing throughput. All jobs
should meet their set-up time and runtime by the end of the third production batch.
· Experience of contributing to the maintenance function by ensuring all plant and machinery are kept in good
working order and good housekeeping standards are maintained.
· Excellent communication skills.
· The ability to become proficient in the operation of and full utilisation of Castle Production Control system
(full training will be provided).
· Good self discipline & housekeeping standards.
· Knowledge of 5-Axis machining techniques.
· Experience of LEAN manufacturing methods including, but not limited to, 5S's and seven wastes.
· Experience of assisting with skills development and training, including mentoring of apprentices.
Salary & benefits:
· £12 14.60/hour DOE, paid weekly in arrears.
· The Company operates a contributory pension scheme which you will be entitled to join 13 weeks after your
starting date with the Company. This scheme is not contracted-out of the State pension scheme.
· The Company operates a non contributory death in service scheme which you will be entitled to join on the
20th April following a full years service with the Company.
Hours of work:
· 8.00am 4.30pm Monday - Thursday
· 8.00am 3.30pm Friday
· Overtime to be worked as and when required.
· Ten-minute tea break in the morning from 10.00am - 10.10am
· Half hour break for lunch between 12.30pm and 1.00pm
· 25 annual days and 8 statutory holidays accrued throughout the year
· Holidays must be taken within pre-specified dates at Easter, Summer, Christmas and New Year, to be
authorised by your line manager
· Holiday entitlement will be confirmed when you start as during your first year entitlement to the annual
holidays is on a pro-rata basis dependant on the length of service.
All questions to firstname.lastname@example.org