• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

CMT

Hello
I hope someone can help me with a question I have.
I am looking to join as a CMT and was wondering is there possibilities to take courses and advance up to nursing?

Thanks in advance :)

yes.
German equivalents. But not enough for nursing as you need 5 C's incl. maths, English (which I have) and Science (which is a D unfortunatly).
I doubt I will have a chance to gain entry as a Student nurse.

Karabiner said:
You should also be aware that we have cut student numbers to 30 per year so competition will be pretty tough.
Is it a requirement to satisfy the selection board that suitable individuals can neither pass or finish a fitness test to be successful? or is that part of Nurse training in Birmingham, to develop such skills? :D

well im in the same situation
im joining as a combat medic on monday but i just have german school quals. too wich arent equivelent to the GCSE's
but i heard about these NVQ's could i maybe get them and transfer to the QARANCS without any british school quals?

kee_j_m said:
im joining as a combat medic on monday but i just have german school quals. too wich arent equivelent to the GCSE's
but i heard about these NVQ's could i maybe get them and transfer to the QARANCS without any british school quals?
What school did you go to Haupt or Realschule?
As apparently Haupt is GCSE equivalent and real is equivalent A levels.

Robbo82 said:
kee_j_m said:
i went to hauptschule thats why im joining the british army and not the bundeswehr lol
i thought haupt wasnt the equivelent of anything real of GCSE's and gymnasium to a-levels

kee_j_m said:
Robbo82 said:
kee_j_m said:
i went to hauptschule thats why im joining the british army and not the bundeswehr lol
i thought haupt wasnt the equivelent of anything real of GCSE's and gymnasium to a-levels
According to a company (advised by a Collage) that translates educational certificates translated my Hauptschule zeugnis as GCSE equivalents.

Robbo82 said:
kee_j_m said:
Robbo82 said:
kee_j_m said:
According to a company (advised by a Collage) that translates educational certificates translated my Hauptschule zeugnis as GCSE equivalents.
oh good i have no problems being a nurse later then have u been brought up in germany or do you still live there?
or how do you know about the german school system?

kee_j_m said:
Robbo82 said:
kee_j_m said:
Robbo82 said:
kee_j_m said:
oh good i have no problems being a nurse later then have u been brought up in germany or do you still live there?
Well If I was you I would still check yourself just incase though, like I said thats what I was told and have got it in writting. If you go to your local collage and just confirm they are GCSE equivalents.
I used to live in Germany mate as me dad is ex army and used to be stationed over there. Long story but mums german, parent seperated and lived with me mum till I was 20 and came back to the uk. :p
How bout you?

Robbo82 said:
kee_j_m said:
Robbo82 said:
kee_j_m said:
Robbo82 said:
kee_j_m said:
Well If I was you I would still check yourself just incase though, like I said thats what I was told and have got it in writting. If you go to your local collage and just confirm they are GCSE equivalents.
I used to live in Germany mate as me dad is ex army and used to be stationed over there. Long story but mums german, parent seperated and lived with me mum till I was 20 and came back to the uk. :p
How bout you?
well im starting as a combat medic first im jsut interested for later as theres no civvy quals for combat medic
same like u but my dad was out when i was born both parents still work for the army as civvys
i applied for the bundeswehr first but they just turned their back on me and said i could just do national service but couldnt join up as a "berufssoldat" because if just got a hauptschul qualification so my dad said theres a recruiting office for the british army in germany why dont u apply there so i applied and now im nearly in just a couple of days to go
thats my story lol
im quite happy that i made the decision for the british army because theyve got a much longer history and tradition and u dont have to be ashamed that your proud to fight for your country as if got a feeling u do in germany

Cool.
Well hope all goes well for you.
I still got my barb and the other 2 tests to do on the 4th of dec. then ADSC so got a fair bit to go till I get my date yet. :p

Robbo82 said:
Cool.
Well hope all goes well for you.
I still got my barb and the other 2 tests to do on the 4th of dec. then ADSC so got a fair bit to go till I get my date yet. :p
thx mate
the barb test shouldnt be a problem thats easy and adsc is a pieve of piss too as long as you keep fit and talk on the team tasks youll smash it trust me!!!
the worst thing is the long wait when your joining up as a medic like i did i passed selection in may... most people from my selection passed out of training allready

Not too bothered about the BARB.
Just I was told by my AFCO that I would have another interview with the medical board. :\
Have you had that yet? and whats it all about?

Robbo82 said:
Not too bothered about the BARB.
Just I was told by my AFCO that I would have another interview with the medical board. :\
Have you had that yet? and whats it all about?
whats the medical board?
never had it maybe its a new thing theyve made because there loadz of medics joining

Latest Threads