CMT skill set

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by lyon_1, Jan 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all.

Apologise if this has been asked, i have looked around and couldnt find the answer.

Is anyone able and/or willing to tell me a rough idea of what level CMT's are trained too?
    e.g. Drugs and admin routes, airway management ET tube/LMA/surgical, chest decompression, analgesia.

Just interested in a rough idea, im aware there field training is mainly trauma related, are they able to use any form of coagulants?

2. That looks all belivable to me, kind of what i expected. Any body who knows other wise please correct.

Also anyone know if intraosseous is in or out? Interested if they use a varient of the IO guns?
  3. tentage, were the gods of tents........
    tilley lamps, we leave the world aglow....
    brewing up, the craft of making a good mash we know many ways..........
    and we do put on a few plasters now and again.....................
  4. Hi mate, io definitely in. Primary access for guys that are forward in herrick. Two main types that we use are fast and easy IO's. Also carry a ped easy IO. Thankfully not had to use it yet though.

Hope that helps.
  5. Mahem: thats perfect mate, thought that might be the case. Very naive on my part, didn't consider civis thus peads.
  6. Just posting in order to corroberate the above. Current BATLS course states two IV attempts followed by EZIO tibia followed by FAST (Sternum) followed by EZIO humeral head.

In reality it's whatever access you can get and from experience tends to be humeral head IO first.