CMT/RMA Qual Badges

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by The_Cheat, Mar 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I got asked this the other day and despite looking couldn't find the answer. Is there a qualification badge for an RMA/RCMT? There seems to be one for nearly every other qual but couldn't find the definate answer.

T C
  2. The RAMC wear 'Trade Bands' on the right sleeve of their '2's to indicate their qualification.
  3. Do you know about non/ex-RAMC types?

T C
  4. RMA1 use to be that serpent round the stick thingy in laural leaves worn on left cuff in jumper order and 2s IIRC and above stripes if first aid instructor (non RAMC again IIRC).
  5. RMA 2 & 3 wear it on left sleeve, RMA 1 on right sleeve, like most qual badges IIRC,
  6. Do you have the official name for the badge? Or is it just 'the cmt' badge?

T C
  7. If you go to your clothing store or Regimental tailor, they will be able to show you either the cloth badge or a picture of it mentioned previously. It depicts a serpent entwined about the Rod of Aescapuleus. However I would firstly confirm if this badge is still worn under current dress regulations as the RMA courses as they were, no longer exist.
  8. This may help,

Web Page Name

RMA badge worn as stated previously (RMA non CMT types). It was still in use when I left in 95 but god only knows whether its still the case now....

9. i have seen a rank slide with this badge on..a cpl rank slide in dpm...any info as to where you can get them please.
  10. just to get more air time tro my question above please
  11. does anyone know if you are allowed to wear this badge as an rcmt
  12. just to let RAMC out there know that when you change No2 dress to the new type, they no longer have trade bands as they get in the way of the infantry style cuff, but no idea at this time as to what we are supposed to have in place of them if anything-absolute garbage as far as im concerned, next thing we find out will be they are changing the cabadge or the beret colour.
  13. still no one has a defo answer as to what badge is worn to reflect the fact that a CMT (RAMC) is either a class 1 or class 2 combat medic, im not talking about RCMT as they have the serpent rod thing badge thing im referring to our maroon trade bands, which due to the new no2 dress, are no longer worn on the new jacket due to the style of cuff.
    does anyone have any idea as to what we wear in its place. im sorry if i sound out of order but it would be like telling paras they cant wear wings due to different sleeves or cmdo trained guys sorry no dagger cos sleeve is different.
  14. You are a bit of a tit really aren't you? If you are that worried about it then give the Corps RSM a ring and ask him to sort out RAMC dress regs.