CMT personal kit and gear

Michael.

Swinger
Hi,

When CMTs are out on operations and exercises acting as a CMT they carry around all their medical equipment and gear in their medical burgans, but what about their own admin and kit, do they carry a small day sack along with them or is someone else carrying their crap for them?

Cheers lads

I've seen in publicity releases that CMT's carry their own personal patrol kit and weaponry in addition to the medical kit. From photos, it seemed that in some cases, the medical kit pack looked much bigger than the patrol kit.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
No'one is going to carry any of your kit unless you're the one on the stretcher.

Michael.

Swinger
I've seen in publicity releases that CMT's carry their own personal patrol kit and weaponry in addition to the medical kit. From photos, it seemed that in some cases, the medical kit pack looked much bigger than the patrol kit.
Cheers mate that's pretty helpful

Hi,

When CMTs are out on operations and exercises acting as a CMT they carry around all their medical equipment and gear in their medical burgans, but what about their own admin and kit, do they carry a small day sack along with them or is someone else carrying their crap for them?

Cheers lads

Everyone carries their own kit and something for the op. If you're a medic you will carry your own kit plus the medical kit. If you are a signaller you will carry your own kit plus the radio and its batteries and spares. If you are an Infanteer you will carry your own kit plus some link (belts of ammunition for the machine gun) or some mortar rounds or something else. The extra kit will probably weigh as least as much as your personal kit.

Those medical bergens are bloody heavy and the ladies who carry them and keep up with the inf blokes are hard as nails.

Mbongwe

Old-Salt
Put it like this: if you're going on your hollibobs and take two cases, would you expect a stranger to offer to carry one for you?
If one's in the RAF, I'd suggest that's de rigeur...;)

gung_hobo

Old-Salt
Personal kit is personal kit.

Requirements vary according to role:
1. As a minimum 8 cubic feet in a wheeled vehicle
2. 6 as external stowage on tracked vehicles (exempt Recce)
3. In Light Role, two AGC or RPC "porters" are required

For the transport of:

1. AF22666 Limit of Medical Liability forms
2. AF22667(i) Waiver of Indemnity at Point of Wounding WIPW), and
3. AF22667(ii)Waiver of Indemnity Pre-Triage (WIPT)
4. AF60600 Bed In Foreign Fields (BIFF-C), (requires laminator)
5. AF00006(generic) Emergency Qualification Blanks (requires printer)

How you transport the roller-disco is entirely up to you.

Happy Easter.

Latest Threads