CMT or Regular Patrol Medic ?

Hi all I have passed selection and have my start date for Jan 2013 as a CMT my question is regarding the job of a combat medical technician as opposed to joining any regiment and opting for patrol medic. Is CMT training more advanced or exactly the same as a patrol medic? and are there now more diverse courses open to CMT's once trained to keep advancing knowledge day to day.

Would love to end up as a paramedic and know very few CMT's do but some have. I know its a uni degree and was wondering how open RAMC is to part funding or allowing time to study this even if you fund the degree yourself. I have read the army website page on how it supports study but want to know the reality on how easy it is to get. Or even will i get the time to do so.

Any information would be great

S

Screw_The_Nut

Known some good CMTs over the years. It is a more advanced trade, and you do some primary care in camp too - it's not all about the combat side. At the end of the day the CMTs teach the patrol medics their trade.

I'd say go for the CMT but I'm biased, good luck with it whatever you decide. Keep us posted.