CMT or Regular Patrol Medic ?

Discussion in 'Army Professionally Qualified Recruitment' started by green7160, Sep 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all I have passed selection and have my start date for Jan 2013 as a CMT my question is regarding the job of a combat medical technician as opposed to joining any regiment and opting for patrol medic. Is CMT training more advanced or exactly the same as a patrol medic? and are there now more diverse courses open to CMT's once trained to keep advancing knowledge day to day.

Would love to end up as a paramedic and know very few CMT's do but some have. I know its a uni degree and was wondering how open RAMC is to part funding or allowing time to study this even if you fund the degree yourself. I have read the army website page on how it supports study but want to know the reality on how easy it is to get. Or even will i get the time to do so.

Any information would be great
  2. Known some good CMTs over the years. It is a more advanced trade, and you do some primary care in camp too - it's not all about the combat side. At the end of the day the CMTs teach the patrol medics their trade.
  3. I'd say go for the CMT but I'm biased, good luck with it whatever you decide. Keep us posted.
  4. Thanks for the feedback guys sticking with CMT.
  5. RAF do paramedics. Army don't. It's harder to spell than CMT for starts.