CMT officers?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by sgt_jacko, Jan 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Straight forward Question.

    1.Can CMT's become an officer in a CMT role?

    2.What officer role would suit a CMT if wanting a commission but still able to use skills.

    3. Would an MSO be able to play a clinical role if prior CMT skills.

    Many Thanks.
  2. Are you talking reg or ta
    if ta then CMTs that have been commissioned in my unit are no longer CMTs they have taken over Admin roles to get the commission such as watch keeper

    if your talking regs then it would probably be the same
  3. Thanks for your reply.

    I'm ex reg went to the army tech college but got MD'd, currently in TA as CMT.. After gaining life experience and performing well, every recomendation from TA training has come back with positive feed back and suggests I go for a commission.

    But I'd like still to do CMT work.
    I have a degree but not a medical degree.

    Would like to go back reg commissioned
    Any suggestions
  4. Are you with medical unit

    if so unless you have a med qual then you will not get a commission that allows you to practice and depending on what you are qualified to do then ther are not many oppertunities unles you are a doctor most medical roles are now being dumbed down to other rank status such as rgn, rmn, x ray
    lab tech etc
  5. Not with a medical unit.

    I do have med quals just not a med degree.

    I'm an HSE offshore (rig) medic with a Doctorate in science all that down time spent on the rigs plenty of time to study
    Anaesthetics trauma and critical care ATACC trained.
    Remote Care qualification lying around somewhere and also a occupational health screening cert.
  6. your best bet would be to contact your local med unit and see what they have availiable but will probably very lucky if they can offer you a commission

    you probably wont be able to progress with your current unit unless you become a doctor and apply for RMO post

    cant give you any more info other than talk to local Med unit Reg Nursing Off
    hope ive been of help and good luck