CMT / Navy Medical Assistant / RAF Medic - Help please

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by B3LL, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If this is in the wrong forum, my apologies.

I'm heading down to my local army recuitment office soon to speak to the recruiters and I have a clear view of what I want to do; I'm just not sure what it would be classified as? I want a role as a medic, quite simply because when I leave whichever branch I join I would like to be a paramedic.

I understand that the recruiters will provide me with vital information in regards to the positions mentioned in the title, but what would your experience / opinion be able to tell me that is unbias?

In total honesty I'm looking at something that would provide me with the experience needed. This is just in the case I leave after 4 years (6 years RAF?), but I'm a grafter and don't have a preference to the branch.

Here are the roles I have been looking at:

Army
    Combat Medical Technician - British Army Website

Navy
    Royal Navy

RAF
    RAF Medic - Medical and medical support careers - RAF Careers

I know the recruiters will provide me with the facts, but, I'm just here to hear what other people have to say about my situation.

Many thanks in advance.
    Bell

HAve a read in this forum. Lots of info here before you go to the AFCO. - Disco

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.