CMT inside info

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Piehead20k, Jan 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys and girls, I'm new around here, and I have been to my local recruitment office and been given the application form. This i have filled in, apart from my passport info and what regiment I would like to join. For some time I've been interested in joining the RAMC as a CMT.

Cutting a long story short, is it possible for anybody to share any info about training as a CMT and what the daily life is for a CMT once he or she has been posted?

cheers :)

2. search a bit loads on here

3. Heres another one that confused me a bit.

I've talked to a lot of people, searched all over the web, including the army website. In short, where does phase 1 training take place for RAMC recruits? Is it Catterick or Winchester? Or somewhere completely different?

thanks a lot :)

4. If your female You will do phase 1 at Pirbright

5. Ah right, thats not a lot of help because im not female :p

6. Daily life when not on ops?

[​IMG] + [​IMG] = [​IMG]

7. so thats the way its gonna be...you sure about this?

8. 23 years in the RAMC says yes.

9. okay thanks...i suppose the next question is do you actually enjoy the whole painting, boxes, tent thing? :D

10. [​IMG] + [​IMG] = [​IMG]

therefore [​IMG] =
    [​IMG]

QED :D

11. General opinions towards a CMT career seem quite negative...

12. *Sigh*

RAMC girls =

[​IMG] +/- 1000

13. sounds great. My second choice of career was the RAAC. do you fancy explaining that career with pretty pictures for me too? :D

14. okay thanks for that, ill be on the lookout. just out of curiousity, which corps did you join? :D (without a doubt they are gonna be the best)