CMT in the late 80s and early 90s?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by dogfondler, Feb 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My learned friends, I am looking for someone with the above-mentioned criteria to PM me in order for me to furnish them with a name. The reason being, I work with someone who claims to have been a CMT, completed AAPC, AACC, got blown up at Enniskillen etc, etc.

Now, there are people, I'm sure, that possess the aforementioned CV, but what strikes me as a little strange is that this chap claims to have reached the rank of SSgt and left after eleven years service.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not after publicly outing a walt, because this chap is good at his job and a damn good laugh too. I'm just after some ammunition (nay, dirt!) that I can visit on him. I smell bullsh*t and would appreciate your memories.

Thanking you in anticipation.

2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Oh a bit of dirt- cant beat it. I cant recall many double badged men in the RAMC back then. Probably loads but I didnt get out much.

3. PM sent.

4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

If MM doesnt know him then no one will. Obviously MM's career did centre around hospitals, Med centres and the TA so that does narrow out the field units.

5. Hmmmmmmm, pot calling kettle springs to mind Venty.

Certainly 2 of my postings were Fd Ambs which you were also at. (Edited to add: were these not your only Field Units :twisted: :twisted: )

The shirt KF did chaff a bit and I did prefer the ward dresses :D :D :D :D :D

6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

All my units had "Field" in the address less one.

7. I Don't recall any CMT being involved in anything like that around that time. Age, alcohol and alzheimers is playing havoc with the memory though.

8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Ditto, BBC was v common but the other was a soxmis siting.

9. Was all your service in ChesterFIELD....ArborFIELD and Sheffield

fnarr fnarr

10. Not me I was always fat drunk and stupid FD&S, venty shut up before you even start handbag

11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Someone's tired and hasnt had his warm milk.............. :wink:

12. I got out in 86,served in a couple of field hospitals myself.
    16 Commonwealth and 8CCS....then went to Woolwich to do my OTT training.

13. Ok Dog spill the beans whats the name

14. Only in a pm, mate.

15. Thanks for all the replies, people. This chap seems to have been that insignificant that no-one can remember him. If I find any definitive info I'll let you know.
    Thanks again,
    DF