CMT Deployment Opportunities

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Blue-9, Nov 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been working at getting my fitness back up to the required standard and I am almost ready to join the TA. I have served my time as an Infantrymen and now I want to train as a Combat Medical Technician.

Are there any CMT's on here with the TA who can shed any light on deployment opportunities please? Would I be able to get on an op somewhere right away, or wait until I eventually qualify as CMT 1?

Any advice or information offered is appreciated. Thanks.
  2. Poster Fatmini can help... depends where you are?
  3. no you wont have to wait until you have done cmt 1.cmt3 is good enough but you will have to do all your basic military training first and then trade before your considered for ops

this will all last about a year assuming you can get the time off work to do your recruits course and trade in the same year
  4. Blue-9 , Why not serve as an Infantryman again and do the CMT course with an infantry unit?
  5. I thought the whole CMT thingy was fukked ? What I mean is you'll have no clinical governance (unless you're a paramedic/nurse in real life) so essentially occupy a first aider role with your unit and then on OPs, be reduced to a skivvy not to be entrusted with anything too serious.....?