CMT 1 Course dates

Hi all,
Am looking for some course dates for CMT 1, DITS and BCDT instructer. Went to my PSI who said he didn't deal with that, was too busy and I should go to the SPSI instead. Who was also really busy. I should go to the MOD website and look at the course list to get the dates myself, and they can then book it for me.

However, after having a wander around the MOD website, the Army net website and ARRSE, at a push, I am still nowhere fast.

Can anyone give me a clue as to course dates? Heard a rumour CMT 1 wasn't running until January 2011. Or maybe a linky to this fabled online course list?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cup

Can provide link to online course list if you have DII, PM me.

CMT 1 is 22 May (which you have just missed) and then 15 Jan 11. BCDT and DITs depends upon which Bde RTC you come under, where in the country are you?

Also CMT1 courses are generally over-subscribed so get your application in early- get your SPSI to get that bid in. It is his job after all!

birduk said:
Also CMT1 courses are generally over-subscribed so get your application in early- get your SPSI to get that bid in. It is his job after all!
Correct. We've been bidding for the Jan 11 course since last year!

Yes these courses are few & far between, the regs don't put a lot of resources into to CMT 1 (V) courses and were supposed to be stopping them.

If you're getting deployed it looks almost certain that if you are CMT 1 or 2 they'll make you do a bridging course then the Reg CMT 1 course anyway, the next one of these starts around the 20th June.

BCD & DITS are run at brigade training team level, just find out when they are (you should have this info on a notice board) if nothing suitable see if you can do it with another brigade.

You need to do the DITS first.

Tell your PSIs it is their job -that's the whole point of them being attached, not gyming it up or plastering on the side.

17THSEPTEMBER1944 said:
Tell your PSIs it is their job -that's the whole point of them being attached, not gyming it up or plastering on the side.
That always goes down well with a lazy PSI! :lol:

Got given a handy tip. Go to Armynet and type "TA Courses" in the search bar, after a quick look through the result found a course handbook. Gave me the info I needed.

Also, seems some RTC's have a page on armynet. And some of them put their course books on this page. Just a pointer for the future for anyone who wants to know. For CMT courses look at the defence med school or 2 med Bde.

Cup