cmsr

hi people, just finished my cmsr today, passed out today, and i feel like ive accomplished alot. everything went well, met some good people, and learned alot, ie not to put my eye too close to the ironsight when firing! thanks to everyone to everyone who helped me two weeks ago with my worries. id recomend this life to anyone!

regards

gunner hill (no longer recruit!)

G

Goku

Well done mate, it gets interesting from this point on.

Oh and you’re still a recruit until you complete TAF3 :wink:

G

Goku

Yes, TAF3 is also known as bridging the gap.

It consists of first aid, NBC, map reading, shooting moving targets, and the military swim test.

You have a choice of doing it over 4 weekends or a 10 day camp (don’t quote me on the length of the camp, I took the weekend route).

ah, we touched on all of the above, apart from the swiming. That CS gas is pretty soar especially when you get back from the 3 nights on the field with those "un-noticed" cuts and grazes you get.... and yes i did cry.

gah123 said:
hi people, just finished my cmsr today, passed out today, and i feel like ive accomplished alot. everything went well, met some good people, and learned alot, ie not to put my eye too close to the ironsight when firing! thanks to everyone to everyone who helped me two weeks ago with my worries. id recomend this life to anyone!

regards

Thankyou? to training staff? surely not? Range Staff included? even the Monkey's? Find out why they got there nickname :lol:
I'm sure you are now a fully qualified 'Frame Flinger' and as for the eye........ I'm sure you'll listen to your coach next time? :evil:

Congrats on passing!

gah123 said:
the monkeys..... something to do with the monkeys that wore the red hats....
Organ grinder.................. or the........... :oops:

gah123 said:

regards

i take it you completed your training at Lichfield or Grantham?

gah123 said:
the most annoying part of it all was the waiting around and the lack of organisation
Welcome to the British Army!
This is called 'Hurry up and wait' or 'On the bus, off the bus' It is practiced in all Corps and Regiments however RLC Mover's seem to have perfected the art! Top Tip is get used to it, you'll see a lot of it through your career :?

cmsr is a worthy accomplishment; but a word in your ear - if you found it challenging, dont touch the TA CIC with a barge pole...

edited for crass G3 snobbery: seriously, well done though. cmsr is sadly lacking on field/battle skills though, so make sure you put the time in on you units weekends covering this.

CMS(R) DOES lack field skills, that's for the CIC to teach, as i'ts mainly Inf that need them. OA&S only get the brief intro, just enough for them to appreicate the fact that they are not Inf.., depends on where you,& how, do your CMS(R) we used to& still do until everything changes again, did a TAFS 2 through to GAP training on alternative week-ends, which gives more time to spend in the cuds.

As to your units covering it.... again it all depends on what they do, to some it's the bread & butter, others it happens only every now & then, but we do all need our fix of cam cream & cordite.

CS is sore on the coupon, which is why you should never shave too closewhen you know you're gonna go in the RTF, but that's expirence, which is how you learn. Well done for passing & telling other folk how it goes, there are alot of myths that need exposing about recruit training, too many people watching Bad Lads Army & like.

well the cmsr course i am teaching are back from ex second attempt
and they are broken but ready for the best week
drill, cbrn and more drill finishing with the pass out
the hasty withdrawel will take its toll as they are straight
into a hot classroom to clean rifles then scoff and they will all
fill their bellies then cbrn in the lecture hall ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz
lol

Ive got my CMSR coming up in July at Bassingbourne. Getting a bit nervous already. What is it really like? Is it really hard? My mates from my unit had a laugh when they did it but they are a bit cocky though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Brew_Up Army Reserve 4
Pielover Army Reserve 15
W The Training Wing 3