cmsr training

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by d12gnr, Aug 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. is any other recruit training team having any problem getting thier recruits on a 2 week cmsr.we have been informed that there are no vacancys before jan 2007. so much for retention

2. If recruits from Corps units, find it hard to get a place on a CMSR. Contact your local RTC. It is not unusual, for recruits to attend the Infantry Trg. Which equates to the CMSR.

Although this may cease when the new Trg system starts in October. If you are in Scotland, Contact 51 Bde RTC PH1TW. for up to date info.

0131 310 5386 mil 4748 5386
    5201 mil 4748 5201

Good Luck

3. have spoken to them the infantry course which is over 7 weekends is not open to other arms, may have to get the tm or the co to get this looked at at brigade level or see why a cmsr cannot be run in scotland.

4. i've always thought it odd that up here in jockland we don't run our own cmsr's.

It would make life a whole lot easier and hopefully after summer challenge maybe those on top will give it serious thought.

5. i am a recruit and i applied for a place in october,last night i was informed that all coarses from october onwards are cancelled until january. has it got owt to do with the new changes in training ie having to do 4 training weekends that we keep hearing about and on the other hand hear nothing about what it intails.
    my employer is gonna whiz when they hear that all the juggling of off duty they had to do to make this me available to go on my 2 weeks basic training,they are going to be pissed

6. I HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT THE CANNCELLATION IS TO DO WITH THE NEW CMSR BEING IMPLIMENTED TAFS 1 TAFS 2 AND 4 WEEKENDS THEN A CMSR LOOKS LIKE WE ARE GOING BACK TO THE OLD WAY WHICH WORKED. WE HAVE ALSO HAD RECRUITS BOOKED ON COURSES THAT HAVE BEEN CANCELLED THIS DOES NOT DO ANY FAVOURS FOR REGT RECRUITING TEAMS

7. i thought so. i did the infantry cadre at strensill in 86 and we had to do so many weekends training before going on to cadre i must admit we were better prepared then
    than we seem to have been this time round.

8. Yeah I supposed to be going on the 4th November, has now been moved to the 23rd Feb!

9. I have just finished the seven week summer challenge (cmsr + driver training+ adventure training+ two weeks special to arms training, 7 weeks all in) We were told they were having problems with the CMSR courses because so much attention was being paid to the summer challenge. A friend who works for RTC at redford has said he thinks things will pick up soon with more places becoming available. The summer challenge was a huge PR exercise to be honest and I think a lot of "normal" TA training suffered because of it. Not sure how long it will take for things to get back to normal though.

10. tell me about it one of the lads who joined when i did asked when we can do the tafs weekend and he was told not before december,charming i said i will have been attestered 6 months by then and exempted from some activites because i have not done my csmr. never mind i will be fitter when i do do my csmr as i well have had a long time to prepare.