CMCQ Course

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by jenhen, May 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am set to do the CMCQ course shortly over 2 weekends.

If anyone has done this course please could you tell me the following:

Is the course intensive?

I have to take 3 PAMs with me, how much of them do I need to know? They are almost 600 pages each!

Thanks

2. No it's not that intesive, but it can be failed.
    You don't have to learn the books off by heart, just be able to find your way around them.
    Which RTC are you going to?

3. Mine certainly wasn't particularly intensive. We only glossed over a few areas of the pams. It's a lot to cover in a short space of time. Most of it was practical. Make sure your drills are up to scratch. It helps if you can shoot reasonably well too.

Mine was done entirely on the DCCT as some numpty had closed all the ranges for safety reasons. Once you have the qual, do your best to make it known to your unit so that they actually use you. I've barely done any coaching in the two years since I did mine.

4. Thanks guys,

I am going to LTRD and training at Longmoor

Jen

5. I agree, use your new found skills as much as you can.

6. Can you take weapon handling tests with this qual? Only refs Ive found to qualified pers are in the MATTs package and refers only to AASAA and SCBC pers.

7. As far as I know you can, but only to get people on the range. Not pass MATTs etc. I standby to be corrected though. I could use some clarification on this myself.

8. Pam21 states who can do what, if you come out of it with a 'K' qual you can, and you get tested on how to do it.

9. Not any more, the new Pam 21 (2009) which is on the BAEBB states:

"WHTs may only be conducted by a course trained and qualified SAA instructor who himself must be current with the weapon system being used for the test."

10. Gleaming, I shall be quoting that to all and sundry.

11. hi ho, I know the original idea of the 'K' was to create more people to take WHTs freeing up SAAIs to reteach on the day where necessary.