Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Logmeister, Jun 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We've been informed by our Bde that the TA CMCQ no longer allows holders of the qual to conduct WHTs. Must be done by SAA only from now on.
  2. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Thread ends.
  3. So the point of the CMCQ qual is ?
  4. msr

msr LE

5. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

And safety supervisor for LFMT.
  6. Go get yourself on a SAA course. Only way to take WHT's.
    Great fun and you get to go to Wales.... Character building opportunities in abundance :)
  7. To re-phrase my question, if a CMCQ'd person cannot take WHT's then will the WHT be part of the CMCQ course ?

I'm only wondering because I was intending to go on that course soonish
  8. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

No. Now removed from the TOs and trg programme.
  9. There'll be a certificate that you will have to have signed before going on the course that you have passed your WHT. (either by an SAA, OC or PSAO)
    So I doubt it!

I have been sent one for my part M course which they oddly require even the SAA guys to do. Not worried, might even be a bit of fun! rather looking forward to someone else doing the instruction for a change!!

CMCQ is a good package and a marvellous intro to range work.
  10. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Having passed an instructors course does not exempt you from having to do WHTs in the future. They must be taken (and passed) by everyone who is conducting or doing safety on any range. If you are not current on weapon handling, how can you ensure anyone else is?
  11. What I meant was is the WHT still taught on the CMCQ course, not do you have to do a WHT on the CMCQ :)
  12. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

I know - all training related to taking WHTs deleted, which presented a fine opportunity for an afternoon off on a recent course.

I am sure that they will fill the time soon enough though.
  13. msr

msr LE

Any particular reason? Or is it like the ETL / PTI situation?
  14. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

It was previously a formal dispensation contrary to the rules under Pam 21, but has now been removed. The intention is to replace the course content with OIC Console/Butts and award that qualification instead.

SAA course numbers to be increased to allow more soldiers to hold the required qualifications, in line with Pam 21.
  15. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

You no longer get the SA(K) 90 qual, which meant you could test others on WHT(but not teach SAA).

Not sure on the score for those who already hold that qualification.