Clowns and colour

I know BoJo has a reputation for being 'colourful', which suits a clown well, but apparently his need to make a grand entrance extends to military kit now!

CFmbjDY.jpg

“The taxpayers won’t want us to have some luxurious new plane, but I certainly think it’s striking that we don’t seem to have access to such a thing at the moment,” he said.

“What I will say about the Voyager, I think it’s great, but it seems to be very difficult to get hold of. It never seems to be available. I don’t know who uses it, but it never seems to be available. And also, why does it have to be grey?”

Boris Johnson wants a plane as PM's is rarely available – and too grey

Last edited:
Probably about all we can afford - colourful, broken, and the wheels have come off.

images6N7RPZBT.jpg

Last edited:
Whats wrong with a chartered plane for the duration ?
From the buffoon himself: “Look, I’m on record, I definitely think that we should have a flagship,” he told journalists. “But if there’s a way of doing it [getting a plane] that is not exorbitantly expensive, then yes, I think we probably do need something.”

Johnson said: “I hope you all let the people of Britain know, we sweat the assets in the Foreign Office to such an extent, mainly we use the Queen’s Flight, but I think the planes are now 30 or 40 years old. They are superb BAE146s – they are masterpieces of engineering.”

There was me thinking 32 Sqn was part of the RAF rather than the FCO. And a sweaty Boris just doesn't bear thinking about.

Last edited:
From the buffoon himself: “Look, I’m on record, I definitely think that we should have a flagship,” he told journalists. “But if there’s a way of doing it [getting a plane] that is not exorbitantly expensive, then yes, I think we probably do need something.”

Johnson said: “I hope you all let the people of Britain know, we sweat the assets in the Foreign Office to such an extent, mainly we use the Queen’s Flight, but I think the planes are now 30 or 40 years old. They are superb BAE146s – they are masterpieces of engineering.”

And there was me thinking 32 Sqn was part of the RAF rather than the FCO.
Which is why US Department of State has its own Air Wing. You will not be surprised to know that it is larger than the RAF.

Last edited:
They used to have an executive jet for the politico's in NI that used to whizz back and forth between Aldergrove and RAF Northolt. And I am pretty sure it bilonga RAF.

Which is why US Department of State has its own Air Wing. You will not be surprised to know that it is larger than the RAF.
But to tie back in to BoJo's point: as for clowns, most of the aircrew are veterans and 'contractors'; as for colours, a lovely paint job of gloss dark blue over white for the posh end and various shades of grey, green and brown at the dirty end.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
alib Films, Music and All Things Artsy 11
Lacking Moral Fibre The NAAFI Bar 0
Blade-Runner The NAAFI Bar 12