Cloverfield

So then, how would you determine what is a 'good' looking moster?

The Cloverfield monster looked realistic, weird, scary, biologically viable and moved in a natual way. 100% believable

HVM_Boy said:

The Cloverfield monster looked realistic, weird, scary, biologically viable and moved in a natual way. 100% believable

LOL!

Gozer the Gozerian had many forms. The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man was by far the most destructive and terrifying and would easily kick Cloverfield's ass.

hmmm.... Alien vs Predator?

maybe we'll get a Cloverfield vs Gozer movie.

HVM_Boy said:

The Cloverfield monster looked realistic,
weird, scary, biologically viable and moved in a natual way. 100% believable
yeah cos i regularly see mosters running around NYC

PrayingMantis said:
HVM_Boy said:

The Cloverfield monster looked realistic,
weird, scary, biologically viable and moved in a natual way. 100% believable
yeah cos i regularly see mosters running around NYC
Oh and lord of the rings is 100%realistic with real world along side godzilla. its a movie FFS!

I thought it was a great movie. Its like marmite as you either love it or hate it.

it wasn't the best movie and it wasn't the worse i would have liked to seem more of the monster, plus i would not have gone back for the bird, especially if im halfway across the birdge

PrayingMantis said:
it wasn't the best movie and it wasn't the worse i would have liked to seem more of the monster, plus i would not have gone back for the bird, especially if im halfway across the birdge
i feel that it left enough to the imagination so not to show too much CGI. Im quite sure the large monster tail smashing the bridge made them change there minds.

Thought it was pretty good, yeah the script was a bit weak and the characters didnt't have much substance to them but some parts were genuinely unsettling, the roar of the creature for a start. Would have been better if it had been longer...defo worth a watch though.

You don't know they all died though.

What about the bunch who got into the other helo?

Think they deliberately want to keep you guessing as to who survived or not, maybe for another sequel.

I'm going to see the film (not movie - 'Americanism') when it comes out on DVD, not exactly clamouring to watch it.

I heard that in a firefight scene, there are US soldiers charging down the street, all guns blazing with an AT4 rocket or two. Plus...a M109A6 Paladin howitzer firing its cannon right behind the soldiers. Now correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't that obliterate their organs due to the hydrostatic shock from the cannon? Also how the hell is this thing able to sustain hits from high explosive ordinance? Yes it's a film but it would be nice to get an explanation on that :wink: .

TPR_C_Hunt said:
I've just wasted 75 minutes of my life watching this tripe, it is truely awful. It's blair witch project meets starship troopers and it's not done well. If you do go to see it, don't worry about being late as the first 20 minutes is spent with the characters at a party doing not a lot. The next 10 mins have a little bit of excitement and the camerman shouting rob a lot! It doesn't get much better. I'm afraid this is far more over-hyped than I am Legend and not as well made. Hint to the director, don't have characters having a conversation in front of a clock, it looks silly when they lose 15 minutes during a sentence (approx 15.30 into the film for the spotters and yes I was that bored by this point). All in all, I'd opt for watching paint dry or going to the pub. The film promises so much, yet delivers so little, you have been warned.
I can only agree with you. Stupidly, I took the word of a film 'critic' who gave the film a 9/10 but gladly, I'll give it a 1. Was expecting a totally fantastic film but got utter shite! I wish I had joined the 40 or so people that walked out halfway through the party at the beginning. Save Your Money!

Well, I saw this last night and was pretty impressed until the end.

I'm not a fan of the Queasy Cam school of directing, Blair Witch made me feel physically sick, and I was worried this would too. It wasn't too bad, but I still think the conventional use of camera is much better.

I thought the action and suspense were well done though, and the director did well to keep you guessing. The ending really hacked me off however, 75 minutes of good film woud have benefited from an extra 20 minutes of ending!

Not a bad film at all, I'm afraid the lack of it being sewn up at the end spoiled it for me! I wouldn't pay money for a DVD, but if it comes on telly it's worth a watch.

I have to say I did indeed enjoy the film, contrary to my expecations. I think the beginning is awkard because it's largely unscripted/filming a whole party scene with rather inane and not so insightful dialogue. However, once things begin to go "arrse up" [sic] then it becomes far more engaging and visually arresting to watch. I think they should have not made a story about civilians and simply concentrated on a group of soldiers. I think the prospect of soldiers fighting a foe of unknown origin who is seemingly impervious to high-explosive ordinance would be an intriguing area to explore. How that plays on them psychologically and actually see the dynamics of the relationship between non-commissioned officers and the enlisted ranks of men. I think a nice touch of irony would have been to use an old World War II battleship, such as the U.S.S. Missouri to fire virtually point-blank at the creature. Rather than use an advanced B2 Spirit stealth bomber.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Recce19 Gunners 8