clothing and pacestick

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by nigmet, Jan 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello fellow gunners!!
    i wonder if any s/ncos or officers from "gods regt"
    help me i am ex 5 hvy regt but now with the ACF! I am after getting hold of a xxl regt blue jumper and also a pacestick! the blue jumper i cant find anywhere at all that sells them!but really after a used one for expense!!Also after a used pacestick for a reasonable price!!

ex gunner in need for help!!!

thanks

2. As a slight aside from the request above and no doubt some may see this as a silly question, but; Is the marching pace for cadets the regulation 30 inches or is it less due to them, on average, being smaller in height than soldiers?

3. Not 100% sure how relevant it is, but while at the Duke of York's school, the school RSM used to teach a 30" pace, and used his (presumably) full-sized GREN GDS pacestick to measure it...

4. In my experience ACF Instructors don't really require blue jumpers (who wears then these days) and most certainly no need for a pace stick unless of course you are a RSMI - try the ACF forum

Ubique

5. replying to the bigun! No the pace is exactly the same as regulation 30 inches ! you do at times need to slow the pace down to counteract there heights at times!!With the question about pacesticks i suppose it is down to the county you are with but as a Csm or SMI In our county they are quite within their rights to carry a pacestick! Not to open it but to carry it! And I no somebody will come on and say if you have'nt done the "small arms drill course " You can't carry it! But it all depends on their commandant! I don't no if the regt still wears the blue jumpers ! But as an ex gunner and proud of it , if they are still wearing them, then I would as well!!!
    Lets be honest they do look smart!!

6. I'm almost certain my pullover came from the Stevenage Knitting Company (the manufacturers). I don't have contact details anymore, but no doubt a google will do the trick?

7. Oh lookee lookee what I found on an ebay trip

Don't you just love Ebay

Its XL mind, I'm half tempted myself if I had a reason to wear it

8. are they gona get a beasting? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

9. Hello Mate!
    Yes i am interested what length is it ! And how much ! Is the prize question!

thanks