Clock ticking for Clegg!

After listening/reading about the wonderful things the Libdems are going do do for the UK, how long do you think Clegg has got as leader, and when he goes (not If) who will replace him?

As they are all weak!

Faust was given 24 years in his deal with the Devil

Clegg has only another 2 year before the Devil takes his soul.

M

Mr_Tigger

About the same as CMD has as leader of the Tories; until May 5th 2015.

I am not looking forward to the end of Clegg. Just like when Millipede goes he shall inevitability be replaced in the leadership by a sanctimonious prick impersonating an economist.

I am not looking forward to the end of Clegg. Just like when Millipede goes he shall inevitability be replaced in the leadership by a sanctimonious prick impersonating an economist.
I think Clegg will go sooner as, there is no confidence in him, however a stalking horse, will be more like a shetland pony (don't mention it to Sluggy)

Would you care to expand, I'm tied between several people at the moment?

Biggest political meltdown since they, the Liberals, fought dirty against the suffragettes and lost.

No difference here, the Hermannic liberals, the FDP, are about to vanish up their own hoops having come into the coalition with a mandate based on them cutting taxes. Whoops, the tax burden has risen.

M

Mr_Tigger

Would you care to expand, I'm tied between several people at the moment?
Clegg will be replaced with Cable.

Millipede will be replaced by Balls. (not however before he has become our next PM)

I really can not look at the face of Balls without getting angry. I have never wanted to punch anyone more.

It does seem that as Cleggie begins to see more and more of the naughty, unkind remarks about him scrawled on the toilet walls in Westminster that he is beginning to spout increasingly more bizarre wibble.
Willy Wonka on speed would have more sensible and palatable* policies.

*See what i did there.

Millipede will be replaced by Balls. (not however before he has become our next PM)

I really can not look at the face of Balls without getting angry. I have never wanted to punch anyone more.
I recon Millipedes big bro will take on the challenge, as for cable....I am just about to lay one myself!

If Clegg wasn't a Godless heathen, he'd know the old saying…

'For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?'

Well Nick, you didn't even sell your political soul for the whole world, you sold it for a crock of Tory shit.

Tomorrow belongs to me!

The terribly sad thing is there is no one in politics today worth even pissing on in the unlikely event they caught fire .

Boris for PM , if only for the comedy value .

As to who follows Clegg as leader of Lib Dems ? Who cares ? They are finished anyway .

Very recently I heard one snippet on R4 about a major row going on between Balls and Milliband but there's been nothing since and nothing elsewhere.

I think Clegg will face a coup at some point. And Milliband. And Cameron. And if not, I hope so. But I fear Balls more than any of them. And I can't stand Hazel flipper Blears. Or Harperson.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
just listened to this sceptred isle on BBC 4 extra . The liberal party did exactly what they are doing now back in 1900 and plonk thus setting in motion the formation of the labour party . I paraphrase , but it appears that there is nothing new under the sun .

He's not the Deputy Prime Minister - he's a very silly boy!

So they got rid of Campbell because he was 66 and are now calling for Cable to come in at 69? Or 72 at the next election. Good thinking.
Miliband as the next PM? Again, shivers of horror as I can't really believe the British public would be so stupid to vote that lot in again (but they probably will).
Very much doubt if the LibDems will feature anywhere in the next election. Even if it is very close they probably won't have enough seats form a coalition with anyone if that is necessary.
Unfortunately, the Tories don't seem to have anyone who can step in as Cameron is, let's face it, a bit like a fish out of water in charge of this coalition. Maybe if it were a majority Tory government things might (only might) be a bit different.
Boris? Ha! Then again, he is popular and the British (well, some older ones anyhow) can still remember when the country was the laughing stock of Europe so that should bring back some old memories.
What we need now is some Union or Workers Party to challenge the Labour lot (like UKIP is doing to the Tories) and we may have a decent split in the vote. UKIP (and BNP to some extent) may take the votes off the Tories and allow Labour to slip back in but the LibDems? Never. The old joke about hiring a telephone box to stage their conferences may even be true after the next election now that we've got rid of most of the big telephone boxes.

i doubt that Cable has a look in, as pointed out he's going to be 72 at the next GE - even the LD's, attached as they are to old duffers with beards and sandals, will baulk at the idea of such an old boy.

he's lost a lot of his 'i'm your dad, i know what i'm doing, i'm not some witless, beardless 22yo with a PPE and the delusion that i could run a cake stall' shine - he embarrassed himself for a couple of pretty young girls from the Torygraph, and the Cleggites are making the party fully aware that it was his idiocy that ensured the student fees promise went in the manifesto - no one else wanted it so watertight, as everyone else saw that it was unlikely to be runner in any coalition, and probably unafordable even in a LD government.

Clegg will keep his job, their aren't any other serious contenders, and those who could be contenders are in his wing of the party - none of them is going to push Clegg because of the risk that instead of a Danny Alexander or David Laws, they'd get some simpering lefty like Simon Hughes.

i think they'll do better than many others think - i'm not an LD by the way - they have been remarkably serious for such a bunch on bean munchers and sandal wearers, and they have been realistic about what they can push through, and what is politically impossible. they are, to use the phrase of the day, a party of government, not a party of protest - like the SWP with lentils - and there aren't many parties of government to choose from.

Remarkably serious as a governing party - are you on drugs?

Did you listen to Cable's ranting and abuse aimed at people he is supposed to be in coalition with?

How is it serious governance to propose taxing people more whilst at the same time opposing a cap on benefits?

How can you do an about turn on boundary change in a fit of pique because you didn't get your own way about rigging the elections to the House of Lords?

How can a Party be serious when they have such a lack of talent that they have to re-call a Minister who clearly defrauded the taxpayer and could only produce a defence that he didn't want to let his electorate know his sexual preferences?

Heading into obscurity as a serious party pretty soon!