CLM

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by monkeyfcuk, Nov 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. which part of the CLM has to be completed in order to gain substansive rank?

2. You must complete and be deemed "Competent Green" in Part 1 CLM "Arms and Service" part at 4 Mil Trg Sqn Blandford to qualify for substantive promotion, your substantive date will then be backdated to the date you completed the Part 1 course at Blandford.

This must be completed within 12 months of obtaining acting rank (or you will revert back unless you have very plausible and extenuating circumstances (i.e OPS)).

CLM Parts 2 and 3 (CLM Workbook and ALC/AEC Education course) parts are then completed to be boarded for your next rank.

In order to be considered for future promotion boards your JPA must certify you as being "Competent Green All Aspects" in either JCLM/SCLM/WOCLM. Ensure if you are qualified that JPA reflects this or you will not board.

3. on the m.s. website how do i find out if im qualified for promotion to cpl this year?

4. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Do you get civvy quals with CLM?

5. Go to the HQ SOinC(A) website and look at the Policy Directive page.

http://www.hqsoinc.dii.r.mil.uk/blueprint/pdindex.htm

You need to look at SOinC(A) PD No 6 "Promotion".

The basics for promotion to Cpl are:
    1. That you have a current recommendation for promotion.
    2. That you have 24 months service as Substantive LCpl on the first day of the promotion year (01 Oct 11)
    3. Class 2 competency
    4. Regarded as Competent Green in all aspects of PNCO
    5. Completed 4 years service on the first day of the promotion year. Years of service calculated as date of joining or 18th Birthday whichever is the later.

6. You have to pay for it and do extra modules.

7. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Could you send me the details please mate

8. All CLM workbooks have now been withdrawn and are no longer required to be completed prior to attending the ALC/AEC Education Course. A touch confusing as the SOinC's website has not yet been updated to reflect these changes.