Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

CLM/Workbook

hi, ive been told true or not i dont, know that there is a link on the net that can help peeps complete the snco clm booklett, any one know of it ?

Jay,

In the same position as yourself, upgraders cse etc.

Promoted the same time as yourself, Oct 07, having comleted JCLM Part a in march 07. As long as this "qual" is on JPA (check as mine was not and had to get it actioned) then you will be eligible for promotion from Oct 09 when you have two years under your belt. If and when you are selected then you need to complete parts 2 and 3 under the new system. Ie Excercise phase and the workbook. That is what I have managed to dig up between Armynet and the AEC. Look under the MS tab in Armynet for the full Gen on this, its all there.

Regards Darik

DaRiK said:
Jay,

Promoted the same time as yourself, Oct 07, having comleted JCLM Part a in march 07. As long as this "qual" is on JPA (check as mine was not and had to get it actioned) then you will be eligible for promotion from Oct 09 when you have two years under your belt. If and when you are selected then you need to complete parts 2 and 3 under the new system. Ie Excercise phase and the workbook. That is what I have managed to dig up between Armynet and the AEC. Look under the MS tab in Armynet for the full Gen on this, its all there.

Regards Darik

Darik,

You may need to double check youre info mate.

JCLM 1 is the excercise phase under the new CLM 08 format, the old 1a is what is now the Pre NCO cadre. Once selected you need to complete JCLM 1 (the exercise phase) to become substansive unless you have already completed a JMC/JCLM 1b (pre CLM 08). See my post above for info on the rest.

JNCO CLM 2008 Part 1 = 2 week course incorporating a short exercise. This will give you your substansive Cpl once you wear it.

JNCO CLM 2008 Part 2 = Work based learning i.e workbook to be completed withing 6 months of wearing your CPL

JNCO CLM 2008 Part 3 = 5 day course in AEC.

The CLM part 1 will give you substansive CPL and there is no requirement to complete part 2 and 3 at your stage. These are to qualify you to sit on the SGT board. As previously mentioned you can sit on the Cpl board after 2 years as a LCpl, so in short, no, you don't need to complete part 2 and 3 to get on the Cpl board

Smudge-Rare-Name said:
DaRiK said:
Jay,

Regards Darik

Darik,

You may need to double check youre info mate.

JCLM 1 is the excercise phase under the new CLM 08 format, the old 1a is what is now the Pre NCO cadre. Once selected you need to complete JCLM 1 (the exercise phase) to become substansive unless you have already completed a JMC/JCLM 1b (pre CLM 08). See my post above for info on the rest.

Seen :D

Smudge, cheers for all the help, now it sounds to me that if I only had 1A from the old system I'm not classed as a substansive lance jack under the new system? Is that right or am I being a mong?

Correct, you will only be acting until you do the part one of the new CLM i.e two week course with an exercise included. You will probably find that you can't get on this until you have been selected off the board, unless you have a particularly persuasive boss

CraftyJay said:
Smudge, cheers for all the help, now it sounds to me that if I only had 1A from the old system I'm not classed as a substansive lance jack under the new system? Is that right or am I being a mong?

As far as I'm aware you are OK mate, but go onto army net. There a Link (I think its in the REME promotions section) on to a speadsheet that you put your rank details in and it tells you what you need.

I can cofirm that Part 1a (under the new system) qualifies you as substantive L/Cpl negating the need to complete the new PNCO jobber.