Clip on regimental tie wanted please.

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by banjotrooper, Apr 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What a sad barstard I am! Can anyone help please? I am ex RTR and am currently in an association position, that requires my shirt, tie and jacket, on and off all day, like a squaddies pants when on leave! Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a RTR clip on tie? I can find loadsa normal ties for normal guys, but no clip ons. Do they exist and if so, where? :?
  2. You can buy the clips that make up clip on ties from somewhere or another (try googling or a tailors shop), being RMP (Now ex and awaiting incoming!) we had to wear No 2 dress ties for duty and one of the lads wives offered to convert all of our ties to clip on ones just in case Mister nasty pis*ed up squaddie (or anyone else for that matter) wanted to strangle us. Im sure if you took your normal regi tie in to any decent taylor/seamstress they would be able to help you out.
  3. I echo the advice above.

That is what Police CP officers do.
  4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Oh, dearie, dearie me. Talk about standards. Clip on ties - indeed :pukel:
  5. Sorry Auld-Yin, I have just realised my post could be seen as condoning this sort of behaviour.

I will get horsewhipped by ViroBono and Lt George on the steps of the 'Dapper Clothing' thread for this!
  6. Would never happen in the Cavalry Haroomph Haroomph
  7. If such things do exist, they should be pinned to targets in an amusement arcade.

If you are proud of your unit you will have no problem in doing the daily tie straightening as well as ensuring your creases are straight, your hair is cut and your shoes is shiny. It remains your duty to stand out amongst the lesser creatures. Get a feckin grip, you mong CNUT.
  8. Auld-Yin

BJ Trooper (I use the BJ advisedly!)

Surely your signature should not read:

Rather it should read

Does he look worried when he comes home on leave? Is he a member of Arrse and how about a response if he is!
  9. Wow! Strong personal comments there lads! 8O No one here ever personalised kit or uniform before? I think not! :wink: By the way, what on earth this has to do with my injured son I can't imagine! :x Maybe you serving blokes are a bit more pro and commited than us ex types. Whatever, the request was genuine, return pisstake was expected, but the bile not so! :? I will now stand down! :x
  10. Auld-Yin

BJT - believe me, there was no bile in there, just the normal (or abnormal) Arrse banter. Look around the site - it is a pretty robust area but reasonably survivable. I apologise as this was not the NAAFI Bar and therefore the comment was out of order.

p.s. (I hope you change your signature block now)
  11. LOL 8O
  12. Why clip on, just let your standards drop right down and go for elastic.
  13. "Clip on"!!!

Things are worse than I could possibly have imagined. You might have better luck on PPrune.
  14. To be found next to the display of revolving bow-ties.
  15. BJT don't take it to heart... before long you won't even notice that you're slipping that noose on and off your head 10 times a day. You see... it's just the start of a slippery slope. One day it's clip ons - then slip-ons, the next velcro, and before you know it the "middle-aged" days of blazer pins, tales of daring do and fake Santa Claus beards will just be a distant past. And then you still have to do that bit before we all get to regroup in the sky. Best hold off the inevitable as long as poss.