• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Clinton Backs Blair for next UN head

E

error_unknown

I think Blair, would be well qualifies for the job, he lies, he feathers his own nest and he hates the UK! In fact he's a little bit over qualified!

Simliar story is on the BBC News website

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4611836.stm

I can't believe the mans arrogance, he has no credability left in this country let alone anywhere else, what makes him think that leaders of Arab or muslim nations are going accept him as head of the UN? His skin grows thicker by the day and I can only think he has lost all understanding of how people feel about him. At best his reputation is tainted and at worst he has blood on his hands.

This will have been spun up by Downing Street.

I really can't see it happening, given the general international antipathy towards the man, with the exception of the US and a few hangers-on.

I can't happen - the UN boss is normally recruited from a small non-influential tin pot country being run to the dogs by present leadership....Wait a minute - I think he qualifies! The tw@t.

At least if he was head of the UN he would be away from here!! In charge of a defunct and non influential organisation that can be overruled and ignored by the Spams when it suites them, pretty much like being Prime Minister of the UK?

Any thread with Clinton and head in the should be more interesting than whether or not Blair has anything to offer the world apart from deep joy, from all right minded people, on the day the two faced bluffer gets his come uppance.

As someone who works for the UN I hope I never have to see his cuntish face anywhere near the job of UNSG.

Also I think, although I am not 100% sure, that there is an unwritten convention that no national of a member state with a permant seat on the UN Security Council is ever appointed as UNSG. A good rule to be maintained in my view.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Inf/MP said:
As someone who works for the UN I hope I never have to see his cuntish face anywhere near the job of UNSG.

Actually I'd love to see his pallid visage every day, but in it's rightful place in London.

Stuck atop a pike at Traitor's Gate.

I totally misread the news on BBC; I heard that Bill was buying some new presidential pads (Monika wore out the last ones of course) as a runner for the UN Sec General post himself and was tipping B. Liar or someone to give the new Sec Gen of the UN head, not be the head, instead of kissing arshhhh; still, send me three and fourpence, I am going to a dance.

And inf/MP, would you please stop sitting on the fence and give your opinon in a forthright manner, cruntish face indeed, what sort of opinion is that?

Inf/MP said:

Also I think, although I am not 100% sure, that there is an unwritten convention that no national of a member state with a permant seat on the UN Security Council is ever appointed as UNSG. A good rule to be maintained in my view.
That has certainly been the precedent, although I'm not aware of any legal impediment- in fact, Sir Galdwyn Jebb was the first (acting) SG back in 45-46. The SG is voted on by the General Assembly, therefore I wouldn't fancy TCB or Clinton's chances. Besides there's supposed to be a rotation among geographic regions- with Asia up next. Having said that, there has been no SG from N. America (Lloyd Axeworthy/Bryan Adams?) or Oceania (Helen Clarke/The Crocodile Hunter?)

How about another Kurt Waldheim, Herrenbloke?

IIRC, the idea of Mrs Thatcher becoming UNSG was mooted (very, very briefly) in 1990/91 post her removal as PM. It was at this point that several people pointed out that a Secretary General from a P5 nation would be a very bad idea.

Blair would be unlikely to gain support from Arab states, and given his position (head about three feet inside GWB's rectum), I suspect that the Chinese would also be unwilling to have a UNSG known for being such a prominent supporter of the US. And the French wouldn't like it either.

On top of that, being UNSG would severely limit his opportunities to do the speaking engagement circuit (complete with Visiting Professorships at a variety of Universities), which would help to pay off his mortgage. Add to that the fact that the lucrative memoirs will have to do a spot of UN-bashing over Telic (and possibly Kosovo?), and becoming UNSG will put off publishing pay day for five years.

All in all, I don't think Blair would want the job, nor would two of the P5 members like it.

Latest Threads