climbing walls.....as opposed to climbing the walls

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by CiviUberNihilisticTerror, Sep 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Based on salisbury plain, moved from scotland, damn its flat!

anyone know of indoor climbing walls around the plain? on garrissons etc...

appreciate the abuse.....

2. Tidworth Leisure Centre has a climbing wall.

According to this

And if you have transport and are brave enough to venture into Chav territory, there's The Ridge in Swindon.

Clicky

3. excellent wall in Alton and another good set up in Southampton. check this website for walls closest to you

climbing walls in England

4. Climbing walls are for poofs. Get yourself down to Portland and do it for real.

5. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

If you can book the weather and extend the hours of daylight I'll be happy to join you.
    Did some single pitch stuff in Weymouth area eons ago - is Portland that good (as I might need to be in Dorset next spring)?

6. Well its not El Capitan, but it certainly offers a good number and variety of routes, plus its quite close if you're based in the Salisbury area.

7. My bold - tarts climb El Cap, real blerks base jump it :D

8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I get disco leg just looking at photos of it....

9. Nah, real blerks free climb it and then base jump it. :lol:

10. 94 outdoor destinations within 50 miles of Salisbury

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/map/ crag database

For indoor walls, leisure centres, outdoors shops etc, go to ukc and click on classifieds, then search by your location.

11. considering i am a 'poof' as you so eloquently put it then a climbing wall will be fine for me, thank you..... climbing snobs...tossers.

12. cheers evryone for the helpful comments, i heard there might be a wall at Larkhill, actually on the garrisson? hhmmmm

13. Homo, real men free base-jump it 8O

14. [​IMG]

Poof!