Climate change? Yes please.

The Highlands... they are called 'Clegs' up their, and they f**king bites, they have been known tod rive Cows mad...!!
Nope.

Midges are midges, tiny little biting flies, about 2 - 3 mm long, with a tiny but vey irritating bite.

A Cleg is a type of horsefly, about 1 - 2 cm long with a bite that removes a chunk of skin and blood.

Climate change? I dunno. Yesterday the tail end of a hurricain dumped about a metre of water on us in a series of spectacular rainstorms. The lightning was incredible.

Right now at 07:30 it is overcast, 25C with a cool breeze and a very fine drizzle. Almost like a UK summer.
...and you're getting your nuts sucked dry.

Rub it in, why don't you? :)

...and you're getting your nuts sucked dry.

Rub it in, why don't you? :)
Theres this place called "the airport" which can magically take you almost anywhere in the world. You just have to have the balls to do it.

cent05zr70

On ROPS
On ROPs
It's supposed be ******* summer here in the UK!

Summer my arse! One nice day in the past two weeks, one ******* nice day!
I live just two miles from beautiful beaches and the only time I see it lately is from the ******* pub window!
I've been telling people for years, well, anyone who'll listen.
"It's a great day for looking out of the pub window"

More bad news for tree huggers

Scientists: 30 Years On, How Well Do Global Warming Predictions Stand Up?

Climatologist Dr. Pat Michaels and Meteorologist Dr. Ryan Maue:
"Thirty years of data have been collected since Mr. Hansen outlined his scenarios—enough to determine which was closest to reality. And the winner is Scenario C. Global surface temperature has not increased significantly since 2000, discounting the larger-than-usual El Niño of 2015-16.

Assessed by Mr. Hansen’s model, surface temperatures are behaving as if we had capped 18 years ago the carbon-dioxide emissions responsible for the enhanced greenhouse effect. But we didn’t. And it isn’t just Mr. Hansen who got it wrong. Models devised by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change have, on average, predicted about twice as much warming as has been observed since global satellite temperature monitoring began 40 years ago..."

"Several more of Mr. Hansen’s predictions can now be judged by history. Have hurricanes gotten stronger, as Mr. Hansen predicted in a 2016 study? No. Satellite data from 1970 onward shows no evidence of this in relation to global surface temperature. Have storms caused increasing amounts of damage in the U.S.?

Data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration show no such increase in damage, measured as a percentage of gross domestic product. How about stronger tornadoes? The opposite may be true, as NOAA data offers some evidence of a decline. The list of what didn’t happen is long and tedious."

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Holy Thread Resurrection Batman !

I saw this and thought it might be of interest - so like a good lad I used the Search function.

It's a good excuse - but I have others if required.

Warming World

Warming World
Why Climate Change Matters More Than Anything ElseBy Joshua Busby

The world seems to be in a state of permanent crisis. The liberal international order is besieged from within and without. Democracy is in decline. A lackluster economic recovery has failed to significantly raise incomes for most people in the West. A rising China is threatening U.S. dominance, and resurgent international tensions are increasing the risk of a catastrophic war.

Yet there is one threat that is as likely as any of these to define this century: climate change. The disruption to the earth’s climate will ultimately command more attention and resources and have a greater influence on the global economy and international relations than other forces visible in the world today. Climate change will cease to be a faraway threat and become one whose effects require immediate action.

The atmospheric concentration of carbon dioxide, the main greenhouse gas, now exceeds 410 parts per million, the highest level in 800,000 years. Global average surface temperatures are 1.2 degrees Celsius higher than they were before the Industrial Revolution. The consensus scientific estimate is that the maximum temperature increase that will avoid dangerous climate change is two degrees Celsius. Humanity still has around 20 years before stopping short of that threshold will become essentially impossible, but most plausible projections show that the world will exceed it.

Two degrees of warming is still something of an arbitrary level; there is no guarantee of the precise effects of any temperature change. But there is a huge difference between two degrees of warming and two and a half, three, or four degrees. Failing to rein in global emissions will lead to unpleasant surprises. As temperatures rise, the distribution of climate phenomena will shift. Floods that used to happen once in a 100 years will occur every 50 or every 20.

-------------------------------- ---------------------------------- --------------------------------

Re the use of Armed Forces to assist in Civil Emergencies cf Manchester's Burning thread here

The article aims to discuss how governments will need to respond at a tactical level to events which may be happening more often than we have been accustomed to in the past 50 years eg flooding, hurricanes,tsunamis, ironically snowier winters etc.

Although geared to the continental US picture ( they get bigger, badder weather) UKFOR will need to get used to being used more in this rather traditional role in future.

Last edited:
It's supposed be ******* summer here in the UK!

Summer my arse! One nice day in the past two weeks, one ******* nice day!
I live just two miles from beautiful beaches and the only time I see it lately is from the ******* pub window!
I was about to ask where the fúck are you spending this glorious, record-breaking summer and then noticed the thread is two feckin years old.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I was about to ask where the fúck are you spending this glorious, record-breaking summer and then noticed the thread is two feckin years old.
Oh my you made me laugh there, I mean really laugh, it is glorious just like been on holiday=-D.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Being! Been is past tense ffs.
As it's the NAAFI.

OH JUST FUCK OFF, I'M HOT AND I'M NOT IN THE FUCKING MOOD!

Pick the bones out of that:omfg:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer