Climate Change: Scientists Say "Last Chance"

Keep burying your head in the sand outside your window.

From one of your links - 'In the last 100 years, the sea rose less than 9 inches in California. "

So at the turn of the century, the world was producing all these climate changing gases? Just how far back do we need to go?

Keep burying your head in the sand outside your window.

You don't even read the utter mince you keep posting as " evidence".

"Seas going to rise 9 feet " FFS !

I'd rather believe in institutions and top Universities than posturing by some random person on a forum.

This is from my own Uni, a top10 school in the U.S.

"Earth's climate has experienced tremendous change throughout Earth history, from ice ages to greenhouse worlds, and is currently undergoing unprecedented warming due to human activities. The Climate Change Research Group at the University of Michigan"

The list of Unis and top rated agencies like NASA goes on and on.....but it's all fake news right? Keep hallucinating.

I'd rather believe in institutions and top Universities than posturing by some random person on a forum.

"Earth's climate has experienced tremendous change throughout Earth history, from ice ages to greenhouse worlds, and is currently undergoing unprecedented warming due to human activities. The Climate Change Research Group at the University of Michigan"

The list of Unis and top rated agencies like NASA goes on and on.....but it's all fake news right? Keep hallucinating.
You don't know anymore about the subject than anyone else, you're not qualified in the field and you just parrot what you've read online because it makes you feel superior to lecture others. You're posting media articles you haven't even read through from Daily Mail grade news sources as evidence .

I have never stated my opinion on climate change so you can fantasise that you know what I think all you want if it makes you feel better.

'Top schools'? They could tell you that slamming your nuts in a drawer would help and you will listen and obey?

You don't know anymore about the subject than anyone else, you're not qualified in the field and you just parrot what you've read online because it makes you feel superior to lecture others. You're posting media articles you haven't even read through from Daily Mail grade news sources as evidence .

I have never stated my opinion on climate change so you can fantasise that you know what I think all you want if it makes you feel better.
'Top schools'? They could tell you that slamming your nuts in a drawer would help and you will listen and obey?
Morons. Simple. Look up the number of reports and data published by reputable sources.

Apart from the trashy crap you idiots keep bringing up from some shady/ dodgy sites and post here.

Cyberhacker

Old-Salt
SUV Sales Are Soaring As Climate Crisis Escalates
It really annoys me that SUVs are portrayed as "gas guzzling" when hybrids are portrayed as green.

My company has adopted a policy that private vehicles are not to be used for business trips... so I've had a couple of trips with a Outlander PHEV.

For those same trips, my gas-guzzling diesel SUV gets 40-45mpg... the petrol PHEV (starting with a full battery) got ~25mpg

A good reason to drink more beer!

'Cows that are fed with the spent grains produced during the brewing of beer produce 13% less methane, according to a study carried out by the Flemish institute for agricultural, fisheries and food research (ILVO).

'Methane is one of the greenhouse gases responsible for climate change, and much of it is produced by cows. The gas is emitted as cows burp while eating, and even when exhaling during the process of chewing the cud. Methane is produced in much smaller quantities, around 5%, contrary to popular wisdom, at the other end of the digestive process. The ILVO study looked at how cattle feed can influence the output of methane, and found that spent grains from brewing was able to slow down and improve digestion, as well as cutting methane production by 11-13%.'

Spent grains = almost no sugar/minerals = close to zero nutritional value. Pretty much just a cellulose filler.

A good reason to drink more beer!

'Cows that are fed with the spent grains produced during the brewing of beer produce 13% less methane, according to a study carried out by the Flemish institute for agricultural, fisheries and food research (ILVO).

'Methane is one of the greenhouse gases responsible for climate change, and much of it is produced by cows. The gas is emitted as cows burp while eating, and even when exhaling during the process of chewing the cud. Methane is produced in much smaller quantities, around 5%, contrary to popular wisdom, at the other end of the digestive process. The ILVO study looked at how cattle feed can influence the output of methane, and found that spent grains from brewing was able to slow down and improve digestion, as well as cutting methane production by 11-13%.'

Your interests are intriguing.

Cow farts??

But...possibly beer, could be climate change, the point being?

Primary fermentation of beer = lots of CO2 produced. It's only in the secondary fermentation that some of it is forced into solution.

You don't think some of these scientists may be pursuing a self-interested agenda? Rather like those clever theoretical physics and maths folk who have built whole careers around SETI - "Nope, not found any evidence of alien life yet, can we have a bigger telescope and more money please?"
Governments too, if it's man-made climate change then it can be taxed or regulated, if due to say solar activity measured in multi-thousand year cycles then its all very sad but not a great deal can be done.

I've seen scare stories of what would happen if sea levels rise over 200 ft, they might as well post what would happen if the zombie apocalypse started tomorrow

At least it would be an amusing non story

The head of the environment agency on the radio this morning. All the flooding we have had is all due to the “climate emergency” - his words.So nothing to do with changes in land management,reduction in drain maintenance,new builds on flood plains or the failure of infrastructure.

You don't think some of these scientists may be pursuing a self-interested agenda? Rather like those clever theoretical physics and maths folk who have built whole careers around SETI - "Nope, not found any evidence of alien life yet, can we have a bigger telescope and more money please?"
Governments too, if it's man-made climate change then it can be taxed or regulated, if due to say solar activity measured in multi-thousand year cycles then its all very sad but not a great deal can be done.
Not correct.

The “alien search” part of SETI is 100% privately funded, mostly by wealthy tech individuals in conjunction with many smaller donors.

The other two research arms are funded by grants from NASA and a whole raft of aerospace and high tech companies and organisations who subcontract work to them (IBM, Google, Lockheed Martin etc).

SETI receives no direct government money. You could argue that NASA and the NSF provide “government” money but if they didn’t subcontract projects to SETI they would have to pay for them internally (potentially more expensive given high tech set-up costs). So there is no net extra cost to the government.

There's a big difference between what the scientists are saying might happen and what the media and environmentalists are claiming.

Everyone is using climate change as a bandwagon to jump on for their own interests, when did you last see an actual climate scientist in the media ? Can anyone name a climate scientist ? We only get told massively embroidered versions of what the scientists have said.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
There's a big difference between what the scientists are saying might happen and what the media and environmentalists are claiming.

Everyone is using climate change as a bandwagon to jump on for their own interests, when did you last see an actual climate scientist in the media ? Can anyone name a climate scientist ? We only get told massively embroidered versions of what the scientists have said.
Apparently the scientists said Kilimanjaro would be snowless but it seems although the main glacier is retreating the snowfall is deeper than previous years.

Latest Threads