Climate Change: Scientists Say "Last Chance"

Then you agree that the opportunity to show the holding capacity of 400% of all the CO2 we will ever be able to produce over the next 150 years doesn't present a scary enough scenario to convince children that man made global warming is real?

Then you agree that the opportunity to show the holding capacity of 400% of all the CO2 we will ever be able to produce over the next 150 years doesn't present a scary enough scenario to convince children that man made global warming is real?
No, I'm just bored of going round in circles.

No, I'm just bored of going round in circles.
Are you sure it is not that you just don't feel you have the energy to tear down that wall of protective willful ignorance you've shielded yourself with?

Those justifications for filling young minds with misdirection and nonsense aren't originally yours... you don't have to own them. All you have to do is to decide to be honest and drop them.

You are only evil when you continue the course, now knowing you are misrepresenting reality.

Are you sure it is not that you just don't feel you have the energy to tear down that wall of protective willful ignorance you've shielded yourself with?

Those justifications for filling young minds with misdirection and nonsense aren't originally yours... you don't have to own them. All you have to do is to decide to be honest and drop them.

You are only evil when you continue the course, now knowing you are misrepresenting reality.
Yep, I'm sure. I've explained myself repeatedly and you either don't or won't understand and are determined to tell me what you think I'm doing rather than listen. Don't be offended if I don't bother replying to more of your posts in this thread :)

Yep, I'm sure. I've explained myself repeatedly and you either don't or won't understand and are determined to tell me what you think I'm doing rather than listen. Don't be offended if I don't bother replying to more of your posts in this thread :)
Got it. You choose to continue to promulgate your betters' agenda using disingenuous justifications to make yourself feel better about the abuse of your position. Stay ignorant my friend.

A very interesting “infinite monkey cage” on conspiracy theories and those who believe them yesterday.

Worth a listen.

Another Climate Scientist with Impeccable Credentials Breaks Ranks: "Our models are Mickey-Mouse Mockeries of the Real World" - Electroverse

“This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution. This is probably the most difficult task we have ever given ourselves, which is to intentionally transform the economic development model for the first time in human history.” - Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of U.N.'s Framework Convention on Climate Change

U.N. climate report merely a blueprint for destroying the world economy

Last edited:
Nice to read someone (Dr. Nakamura) so competent and experienced in the field totally support all of my assertions in this thread.

I wonder how soon he will be declared incompetent and housed against his will where we shall never hear from him again?
at first glance it appears to criticise the models and predictions rather than saying human emissions are having no impact. An important rhetorical distinction.

Scientists have identified the world's oldest asteroid crater in Australia, adding it may explain how the planet was lifted from an ice age.

The asteroid hit Yarrabubba in Western Australia about 2.2 billion years ago - making the crater about half the age of Earth, researchers say.

A massive boulder may have ended an ice age - But then again, it might have been

Another theory for the warming event is that volcanic eruptions may have pushed carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.
The earth has been warming and cooling as long as it's been turning.

Only difference today is that they are running out of sh!t to tax, so let's invent a crisis and tax it.

at first glance it appears to criticise the models and predictions rather than saying human emissions are having no impact. An important rhetorical distinction.
All of my assertions, mainly the methods, models and predictions are worse than worthless and used and manipulated to mislead. Can you point out where I said human emissions are having no impact? No. The closest you will find is me pointing out that the results of a hypothetical experiment were statistically insignificant, and emphasizing the point because the hypothetical would be at least 250x more statistically significant than the actual experiment. An apparently unethical misdirection on your part.

A massive boulder may have ended an ice age - But then again, it might have been

The earth has been warming and cooling as long as it's been turning.

Only difference today is that they are running out of sh!t to tax, so let's invent a crisis and tax it.
Mostly cooling... and headed that way again for a while... I am just wondering how much, and which random parts, of the Earth will get "microwaved" when the sun starts getting restless again.

All of my assertions, mainly the methods, models and predictions are worse than worthless and used and manipulated to mislead. Can you point out where I said human emissions are having no impact? No. The closest you will find is me pointing out that the results of a hypothetical experiment were statistically insignificant, and emphasizing the point because the hypothetical would be at least 250x more statistically significant than the actual experiment. An apparently unethical misdirection on your part.
So sophist, are human emissions having an impact or no impact?

Because if they are, the theory is true.

So sophist, are human emissions having an impact or no impact?

Because if they are, the theory is true.
What theory would be true?

Your theory that the sun didn't exist anymore?

Last edited:
That anthroprogenic greenhouse gas emissions are having an effect on the climate.
Ok so once we agree that greenhouse gas emissions are having an effect on the climate where then? I’d suggest before we go off and dismantle our economic systems and massively change how we derive power for our lives, we may need to work out how much human beings are effecting the climate. If it’s a fairly high percentage of the climate change down to us then maybe we could do something about it. If it’s 5% down to us then we’ve got no chance of changing things. In all the hoo ha I’ve not seen anyone actually assess how much is natural variation and how much is us. We seem to be getting the blame for it all. Finally, before we make massive changes I’d prefer that someone came up with a climate model that managed to predict something that has happened rather than bearing absolutely no relation to reality and having made hundreds of predictions over decades, none of which have ultimately transpired.

Ok so once we agree that greenhouse gas emissions are having an effect on the climate where then? I’d suggest before we go off and dismantle our economic systems and massively change how we derive power for our lives, we may need to work out how much human beings are effecting the climate. If it’s a fairly high percentage of the climate change down to us then maybe we could do something about it. If it’s 5% down to us then we’ve got no chance of changing things. In all the hoo ha I’ve not seen anyone actually assess how much is natural variation and how much is us. We seem to be getting the blame for it all. Finally, before we make massive changes I’d prefer that someone came up with a climate model that managed to predict something that has happened rather than bearing absolutely no relation to reality and having made hundreds of predictions over decades, none of which have ultimately transpired.

Interesting and no, I don't know how many other models they haven't included in that article.

A large part of that temperature increase is likely down to human activity but, given the total rise over 40+ years is less than 1 degree Celsius I don't think it's worth tearing down the current economic system just yet.

Latest Threads