Climate Change: Scientists Say "Last Chance"

ugly

LE
And that's the rub. The science suggests that we can do something about it, and that the longer we leave it the more we'll suffer. If we start now, we might avoid the worst of it all.
Not without spending billions to pay the Chinese to stop polluting, billions to convert the country to electric transport, billions we don't have.
Pull up the drawbridge and let it roll!

Not without spending billions to pay the Chinese to stop polluting, billions to convert the country to electric transport, billions we don't have.
:cool: But we do have the billions - they're just earmarked for supporting all those businesses and industries after Brexit (or for free fibre broadband, depending on the Party you listen to)... :cool:

They found the crater, and recent research backs it up.

That's the thing about science - what we learned in school in 1967, may have changed with further understanding...

The obvious one is Plate Tectonics, and the debates a century ago over "continental drift". These days, I tell da yoof of the Computer Science lecturer in 1985 who explained the concept of Virtual Memory in a 32-bit address space to us, by explaining what a massive number 4 billion was (compared to the 640K that was the addressable space in the original PC) and how we'd never fill it. But I'm typing this on a machine with 32GB of RAM...
Not just the Chicxulub meteor on it's own, it was (most probably) also combined with the deccan traps.

:cool: But we do have the billions - they're just earmarked for supporting all those businesses and industries after Brexit (or for free fibre broadband, depending on the Party you listen to)... :cool:
And that is why you are on ignore.
We do not have the resources to stop China, only China can do that.
The 1 child family is a start.
Not enough though.

We do not have the resources to stop China, only China can do that.
The 1 child family is a start.
They could have more than 1 child but there were penalties involved. The 1 child policy was abandoned in 2016.

They could have more than 1 child but there were penalties involved. The 1 child policy was abandoned in 2016.

I thought so, the human race does not want to save itself because human rights might be violated.
And by primitive societies the preference for male children which actually works well for human survival overall as less females means less children.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I think these lefty tree hugging green lot would have had a complete “meltdown“ during the final years of the ice age.

There is climate change but is it all down to us?

ugly

LE
I think these lefty tree hugging green lot would have had a complete “meltdown“ during the final years of the ice age.

There is climate change but is it all down to us?
Climate changes it’s called the weather!

Not without spending Trillions to pay the Chinese to stop polluting, Trillions to convert the country to electric transport, Trillions we don't have.
Pull up the drawbridge and let it roll!
FOC

Toppet

War Hero
I'd like to think {wishful I know} that we could go back to glass bottles/jars etc
Me and my missus have. We get out milk delivered in glass bottles and by most of our staples from a zero waste shop where we refill glass jars, or plastic containers that we already have.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Has the lady in question died yet? If so her 17 yr olds will have to learn to cook soon.
They’ll probably go to that Mc Donald’s thing.

ugly

LE
When producing pro-CC research gets you funding, whereas heresy gets you none, is it any surprise that academics are generally producing pro-CC papers?
Producing bad science gets you laughed at, not funded.

That claim sounds about as robust as the anti-vaxxers (who are currently complaining about that label) and their claims that research demonstrating the safety of vaccinations gets you funding, but "big pharma" has made sure that heresy gets you none...

Latest Threads