Climate Change: Scientists Say "Last Chance"

so you ask more questions whilst refusing to answer mine and claim the reason you will not answer is because you do not work for me. very droll.
You are alleging things that I have not alleged and asking me to confirm. Not my place to fit myself to your various strawmen. Not my responsibility to educate you without compensation*.

I will however knock you down whenever my digital somnambulation conveniently coincides with your positing trash. Otherwise, I give less of a **** about you than just about anything else I can't be bothered right now to think of.

*This of course is a nod to the primary definition of your name calling ad hom, a sophist being an educator for pay. We also understand that that is not your intended usage, and that you have offered no compensation for my time.

You are alleging things that I have not alleged and asking me to confirm. Not my place to fit myself to your various strawmen. Not my responsibility to educate you without compensation*.

I will however knock you down whenever my digital somnambulation conveniently coincides with your positing trash. Otherwise, I give less of a **** about you than just about anything else I can't be bothered right now to think of.

*This of course is a nod to the primary definition of your name calling ad hom, a sophist being an educator for pay. We also understand that that is not your intended usage, and that you have offered no compensation for my time.
Sophists do not require pay. That is only one definition. You have repeatedly avoided answering questions

I have asked you you to clarify your position and yet you become fixated on NASA and the Cook paper.

I will ask again, which of the following do you believe:

A. human emissions are having an effect on the climate?
B. human emissions are having no effect on the climate?
C. Human emissions are having no effect and all the governments, agencies and journals are involved in a hoax to say they do.

You have appear to say NASA are wrong in stating that human emissions are having an impact on the climate. You appear to suggest academics, papers, governements and agencies are actively lying and deliberately hoaxing the public. If I have misinterpreted your stance, then please, clarify your position.

I have been consistently clear in my position.

You are a fucking failure of a Fraud.

F is also the 6th letter of the alphabet, make up your own religious-conspiracy theory on that one as well.

I have been consistently clear in my position.

You are a fucking failure of a Fraud.

F is also the 6th letter of the alphabet, make up your own religious-conspiracy theory on that one as well.
And what’s the reason why you won’t state your position on whether or not humans are having an impact or not and whether or not there is a global conspiracy involving governments, agencies, universities and academic journals?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I do wish these two girlie types would find somewhere else to swing their handbags at each other.

I do wish these two girlie types would find somewhere else to swing their handbags at each other.
Poo poo head thread is most appropriate, they could bore off there.

I have tried to be civil and move the conversation on. The back and forth is ruining the thread. I will stop feeding...
Hallelujah and praise the lord!!!

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I have tried to be civil and move the conversation on. The back and forth is ruining the thread. I will stop feeding...
Thank you.

Yes I know.
How many idiots are there that believe these lies?
Seeing as @Anonymous Yank refuses to answer direct questions like "do you think climate change is happening, and has been significantly affected by humans", what's your opinion on the subject?

And if you disagree with all the research that suggests that humans have significantly affected our climate, two questions:
  • why do you think all the scientists who publish research that supports this position, are lying (as opposed to "mistaken")?
  • why do you know better than them?

And if you disagree with all the research that suggests that humans have significantly affected our climate, two questions:
  • why do you think all the scientists who publish research that supports this position, are lying (as opposed to "mistaken")?
It's called the ARRSE self induced self-expertise....despite widely overwhelming evidence. Old timers and their theories.

Seeing as @Anonymous Yank refuses to answer direct questions like "do you think climate change is happening, and has been significantly affected by humans", what's your opinion on the subject?

I normally have you on ignore as I find you a crashing bore but imho the anecdotal evidence for population rise causing global warming is very good and like others on this site I don't think there is any hope of stopping it.
It isn't what we are doing it is the vast quantity of us doing it.
I give the mammals including us no more than 50 years.
I first became interested in this in 1967 at age 14, when it was universally accepted that the dinosaurs made themselves extinct by overbreeding and destroying their own environment. the meteor strike idea was science fiction and as far I know has no proof to it.

ugly

LE
I gave evidence that since 1988 NASA scientists have expressed a link between human emissions and climate change. No cook report mention as requested.

you seem to be suggesting they are wrong and have been actively lying, spending billions of pounds of money and have been involved in a global conspiracy for 40 years.
As has NOAA, the Royal Society et al, nature, science and all the other journals.
What do you think should be done about it and who should fund it?

ugly

LE

I don’t disagree that the climate is changing just that we can do nothing about it and should prepare for whatever disaster you believe will happen to us next! Again at minimal cost to the tax payers?

ugly

LE
In actual fact climate change is good for me

In actual fact climate change is good for me
Not for me. The heat I can take but added to the humidity is not good in the UK.
Also if the ice melting does cancel out the Gulf Stream as has been considered then our winters will get far worse.
But if it kills off people (including old farts like myself) it may in the long run be a good thing.
Though not for me, boo hoo, I've done OK so far.

...the meteor strike idea was science fiction and as far I know has no proof to it.
They found the crater, and recent research backs it up.

That's the thing about science - what we learned in school in 1967, may have changed with further understanding...

The obvious one is Plate Tectonics, and the debates a century ago over "continental drift". These days, I tell da yoof of the Computer Science lecturer in 1985 who explained the concept of Virtual Memory in a 32-bit address space to us, by explaining what a massive number 4 billion was (compared to the 640K that was the addressable space in the original PC) and how we'd never fill it. But I'm typing this on a machine with 32GB of RAM...

Last edited:
I don’t disagree that the climate is changing just that we can do nothing about it and should prepare for whatever disaster you believe will happen to us next! Again at minimal cost to the tax payers?
And that's the rub. The science suggests that we can do something about it, and that the longer we leave it the more we'll suffer. If we start now, we might avoid the worst of it all.

Latest Threads